“Durbin”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I would rate the hotel average for the location. The television service was terrible. When you have no toilet paper in the room very sorry. The heating/ cooling system was very noisy. The problems was not resolved to our satisfaction

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services.
If you are back in the area in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure you are provided with the exceptional stay you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We enjoyed three nights at the Hampton Inn in downtown Louisville. The rooms were nice and clean, the included hot breakfast was very good, and the staff were very helpful. The room did not have a small fridge, which would have been nice for a stay of 3+ nights.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our facility and service met your expectations. I appreciate your business and feedback. We hope to see you again on a future trip to our area.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed here for a few days during the week of Thanksgiving.

The staff were all incredibly friendly and very accommodating, especially the shuttle driver. He drove us to several different locations throughout Louisville. Because the hotel was pretty empty, we never had a long wait for him to pick us up.

The hotel was very clean. Breakfast was always fully stocked with a wide variety of foods. The pool was warm enough. The only unusual thing was that there was no hot tub. There was adequate (free) parking.

At one point my room key stopped working, but a maintenance worker came and fixed it right away, and even explained what was wrong.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out well during your visit. I will share your feedback with our team. We know that you have many lodging options when you travel and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We called ahead to ask of all charges including taxes was given a amount. When we checked in they swiped our cards and did not tell us of the additional charges for incidentals which was not included when we called We found out when we checked our bank statements of the additional charges. We had to ask for a fridge and found out that it leaked the next day onto our floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for writing following your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize for the confusion surrounding incidental charges. You were not charged, but your credit card on file was authorized for a small amount to ensure funds were available in the case that you did charge something (food or beverages for instance) to your room. This is a standard procedure in the hotel industry. I'm sorry that the refrigerator that was delivered to your room malfunctioned. I understand that we replaced it with another once we were informed of the problem. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area in the future, you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

and clean, bright hotel. Spent two nights - then an extra night because of snow. I was welcomed back with pleasure...and glad to see the friendly bar with a knowledgeable and interesting bar man. Recommendation for dinner was excellent. All in all a real asset to Louisville!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for the review you posted on Trip Advisor about your stay with us. I'm glad that it all worked out well for you, despite being stranded an extra day because of weather. We were pleased to have you as our guest and glad the staff made you feel at home. We hope to see you on a return trip to Louisville.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am traveling from MO to WV to see my family, which I haven't seen in six months (active duty). I am pulling a 32' RV and decided Louisville would put me just over half way. When I checked out of the hotel I discovered that my RV batteries had not charged and I would have to charge them (so that I could pull in the slide outs) before leaving. Not wanting to wait to see my family any longer, I asked the front desk staff (very helpful) if they had a maintenance guy. Mike quickly arrived, provided me a extension cord from his office and was very professional. I feel he did this because he was customer focused, but what he really did for me is allow me to see my waiting children a couple hours sooner. Thanks Mike! Have a blessed Christmas.

PS Your extension cord is behind the front desk.....GO MOUNTAINEERS!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thanks for staying with us recently and for providing comments on your stay---especially the service provided by Mike in our Engineering department. We are happy that he took care of you and got you on your way quickly. I'll share your feedback with him, I know he'll be pleased that he made a difference in your experience. Thanks for all that you do for us as part of our military. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were at this Hotel to be with my sister while she was in the hospital.
The Hampton is very close to Jewish Hospital and they also provide a free shuttle to and from the hospital. The hotel is very well appointed and the rooms are comfortable. The employees are very good in providing excellent service. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Louisville.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you were pleased with our facility and service. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. I hope if your travels take you back to our area that you will consider staying with us again.