“A little extra help from Mike (engineering)”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am traveling from MO to WV to see my family, which I haven't seen in six months (active duty). I am pulling a 32' RV and decided Louisville would put me just over half way. When I checked out of the hotel I discovered that my RV batteries had not charged and I would have to charge them (so that I could pull in the slide outs) before leaving. Not wanting to wait to see my family any longer, I asked the front desk staff (very helpful) if they had a maintenance guy. Mike quickly arrived, provided me a extension cord from his office and was very professional. I feel he did this because he was customer focused, but what he really did for me is allow me to see my waiting children a couple hours sooner. Thanks Mike! Have a blessed Christmas.

PS Your extension cord is behind the front desk.....GO MOUNTAINEERS!

• Stayed: December 2013
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thanks for staying with us recently and for providing comments on your stay---especially the service provided by Mike in our Engineering department. We are happy that he took care of you and got you on your way quickly. I'll share your feedback with him, I know he'll be pleased that he made a difference in your experience. Thanks for all that you do for us as part of our military. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were at this Hotel to be with my sister while she was in the hospital.
The Hampton is very close to Jewish Hospital and they also provide a free shuttle to and from the hospital. The hotel is very well appointed and the rooms are comfortable. The employees are very good in providing excellent service. I would highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in Louisville.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you were pleased with our facility and service. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. I hope if your travels take you back to our area that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location (within walking distance to all of the major tourist spots and restaurants), and has a free airport shuttle (a plus!). You can not beat the cleanliness and service. The staff were all so attentive and the shuttle bus driver treated me like a friend. The breakfast area was always refreshed. The exercise room had all the equipment I needed to maintain my workout schedule. Thanks for a great stay! Hats off to you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thanks so much for your review and kind words about our hotel and staff. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you and that our facility and service met your expectations. I appreciate the endorsement and hope that you will consider us again if your travels take you back to our area.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Only stayed there 1 night on the way to Lexington, but we wished we could have stayed longer.
We stayed in the King Suite with whirlpool tub. Big bathroom. Very nice large room, great bed, nice breakfast area,great breakfast and we were surprised to see an actual bar. We didn't check out the pool. Good location, would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate getting the feedback---especially when we succeed in our goal of delivering the type of service that exceeds your expectations. We hope you'll return soon and stay with us longer next time so that you can enjoy all that our city has to offer. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hampton Inn was one of the nicest and friendliest Hotels I have ever stayed at and I travel alot for business. I am a Dimond member and they treated us like KINGS. The Hotel is walking distance to everything. They have a bar and lounge area in this hotel too. The staff makes you feel right at home. We were upgraded to the penthouse suite because I am a Dimond member. This room had a den, Master bed room, hot tub in the bedroom and a master bathroom and a bathroom right off the den.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thanks for your review and kind words about our staff and hotel. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you and that you enjoyed the upgrade to the presidential suite. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Thinking of relocating to Louisville, and wanted a centrally located hotel. This property was a good choice. Easy to find and close to venues. Free parking, which at downtown properties the world over, is difficult to find. Breakfast was average. Room was sparkling. Staff was superb; always friendly and ready to advise when asked. Each night for dinner, we took the hotel shuttle to a restaurant and this is a wonderful service. Different driver each time and each had a very different personality, but we enjoyed them all. My only negative for the property is the noise factor. It's very close to a large hospital complex and sirens are evident at all hours. Also, there was some road construction noise. None of can be controlled by the property, and it never escalated to needing ear plugs, but if you are an especially light sleeper, you might want to bring some method for shutting out intrusive sounds.

Room Tip: No view to speak of, so ask for a quieter room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you were pleased with our location, accommodations and services. We will share this feedback with our staff and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night here on a recent business trip. The staff was fantasticly helpful. The shuttle to the airport is a great bonus and the driver was awesome. The food area is spatious and well layed out. It is located right next to the Yum Center and just a few easy blocks from 4th Street Live and all of its entertainment venues. Great hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jski529
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for your kind words about the staff and our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and endorsement you gave us following your recent stay. I'm glad everything worked out so well and we hope that if you are back in our area in the future that you will stay with us again.