“Housekeeping is amazing.”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

First of all, everything was great. Decent room, location, etc. I had no issues whatsoever during my stay. I stayed on the 8th floor and it was really quiet other than a few slammed doors which shook the place up.

Housekeeping staff is freaking nice though. They're really cool people. By the time I got back from my conference, I noticed something pretty cool. Housekeeping staff took my glasses from the desk and created a freaking dog with shades out of towels!!!! Made my evening. [--] was very cool. It might not be a biggie to the average person, but I thought this was amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I appreciate your business and getting feedback about your experience here. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our housekeeping team. We think they are pretty amazing too. It's the little touches, like you received, that sets our staff apart from other hotels. Thanks for recognizing them and I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This must be an older hotel because the rooms are pretty small but the lobby & breakfast rooma are good sized. The people who work here are fantastic...from the desk (Aaron & Debbie) to the van drivers (Katrina ) to the maintenance person (Keith) to the person setting up/refilling/cleaning the breakfast area (Roy). Another good idea they have is Breakfast to go...you can just pick up a bag (fruit/breakfast bar/water) to take if you don't have time to eat. Breakfast was good everyday and the hot items were different all 5 days we were there...hot items were hot & cold were cold. When something was empty, Roy refilled it quickly. Van service to the airport & within an 8 block area was a very useful service since parking is difficult and there are many one way streets...all the drivers were courteous & helpful! Rooms were really quiet & had great black-out curtains. Would recommend they repair that elevator as it was difficult to get on with so many people in the hotel. Also, it is time to replace those mattresses. Other than that, it was a good hotel. I would stay there again mainly because of the helpful staff...anytime we asked for information or help, they did their best with a smile! Great ambassadors for Hampton Inns!

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor...one elevator isn't working & by the time it gets to lower floors, i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review about your experiences. I'm glad you enjoyed the facility and especially the staff. The fact that 5 members were memorable enough to recall by name, means that they delivered a great guest experience. I will be sure to share your praise with each one. In regard to your comment about the elevator, I apologize for the inconvenience. We were waiting on a part to arrive from the east coast to repair it which we have done. You will be pleased to know that we will also be replacing our mattresses and boxsprings in all of our rooms in the next few months. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Was there for the Ironman Triathlon. EZ on and off to the freeway. Great staff and very accommodating to those there for the race. Price was competitive compared to other venues downtown. Nice liquor store around the corner. Though not open during our stay, there is a hotel lounge bar. Have to walk a bit to find a decent restraunt. White Castle was the closest and was no place I'd go a second time. Great breakfast and no complaints about the room. Stayed in a few Hampton Inns and this one had an "upscale" feeling to it. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks for staying with us over the Ironman weekend and for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your business and it was nice to get your feedback on your experience here. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you and hope you will stay with us again next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let's face it, Hampton Inn is targeting itself as a business hotel for travelers where cost and value-for-money is an issue. If you were expecting the same amenities you would get at a full-service Hilton, you will be disappointed. That having been said, the Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown is an excellent example of the chain. Our room was spacious, with a king-sized bed and a sleeper sofa. The desk was large enough to do real work, and had been retrofitted with a charging station with additional outlets and two USB ports. Several similar stations were to be found scattered about the lobby and lounge bar area.

Our room was scrupulously clean, and so were the public areas. The free breakfast was the usual Hampton fare, but was well serviced and depleted items were replaced almost before a guest could let the attendant know about the problem. We would happily stay at this Hampton Inn in the future.

One note: the only entrance to the hotel parking lot in on Jefferson Street, which is one-way westbound. Getting back to the hotel will occasionally require one to do a buttonhook around several blocks in order to get on to Jefferson to the east of the hotel.

Room Tip: There is a fire station located next to the hotel, and my sleep was interrupted twice by sirens from...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blakektn
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for writing a detailed review of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that everything worked out so well and that the service provided by our team met your expectations. I hope that if your future travels take you back to our area, that you will choose us once again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

EXCELENT location, 3 blocks from transition area , staff very helpful and friendly , great room , and great lobby area for reading and do your rmail , walk to the downtown area , SUPER Hotel, will be back next year

Regards from Costa Rica

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Roberto- Thanks for staying with us during the Ironman weekend and thanks for writing a great review about your experience here. We appreciate your business and are happy that you were so pleased with our facility and staff. I hope you will keep us in mind for next year. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Rooms are fine and breakfast is reasonable. Staff are very helpful.
Walking distance to a number of local restaurants, at least one of which delivers to the hotel.
Airport shuttle helpful for those without rental cars.
This is not a full service hotel - room service is covered by a local restaurant - I tried that one evening and it was fairly quick and normal price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you and that the service provided by our staff met your expectations. We know you have a variety of lodging choices in our area and appreciate you choosing us. I hope we'll have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We came here straight from the Hampton Inn in Nashville and found the latter to be a superior hotel to its Louisville sister. The Louisville hotel has smaller rooms, somewhat uncomfortable beds (the duvet fillings were worn and lumpy!) and the whole place is showing some signs of tiredness. The breakfast was inferior as well.

An OK experience but cannot say that I have found any particular reason to return here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only "OK". Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. Although I can't do anything to change the size of certain rooms, I want to share that we have completely renovated our facility, inside and out, in the last year. If you are back in the area in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure one of our best rooms. Thanks again for your input.