“Great Stay!!”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We checked in and our reservation was upgraded when the desk worker learned it wasour anniversary. The staff was very helpful and the room was superb!!!! We will definitely stay there again on our next overnight trip to Louisville!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thanks for writing to tell of your past stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you. I'll share your feedback with our team. I hope we have the chance to be your hosts again in the near future and Happy Anniversary!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Check-in was supposed to be at 3, but when we arrived a little before 4 the line to check-in was really long and we were told our room wasn't ready and we would need to wait 15-30 minutes. The guy checking in the people next to us offered them drinks, snacks, maps, etc. but we were offered nothing! Guess they didn't care that we are HiltonHonors members!! After waiting 40 minutes and our room still wasn't ready, I asked and was told "just one minute". 15 minutes later, we were finally given our room. Got in and it was missing some towels and not that clean (stuff on the carpet, hair in the bathroom, etc.). We barely had time to get ready before leaving for our event. Very, very disappointing! No excuse for this. You know there is a big event in town and you know you are expecting a lot of people to check-in, be ready!!! On the positive side, breakfast the next morning was good.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane T

Thanks for writing to share your past experience at our hotel. I am very disappointed that we did not deliver on the level of service that we are known for. Please accept our apologies for falling short and know that we will refocus our energies on not letting it happen again. If you are back in the area in the future, please contact me directly so that I may handle your arrangements personally. I assure you that your next experience will be a positive one.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns I have ever stayed at. The lobby had a beautiful decor as did the hallways. The room was very comfortable with a very large bathroom. The breakfast was good, especially that the turkey sausage.

Check in and out was speedy and the front desk staff was very nice. Parking was a breeze and it was just blocks from Waterfront park and the night life of Downtown Louisville.

All in all a very solid place to stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan E
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your stay. I'm pleased that the hotel and service from the staff met your expectations. I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days on business. I have never been to this hotel before, and am writing this review as a Hilton Honors Diamond traveler sitting in the lobby waiting to go to the airport.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. As has been mentioned repeatedly on this website from other reviewers, the service here is fantastic. The front desk staff was all very helpful, courteous, and friendly. They helped me with dining options and have copies of menus from nearby restaurants that deliver. One of the main draws to staying here was the shuttle to nearby locations including the airport. I could have stayed at the Brown Hotel where my conference was, but instead I chose to stay here and take the shuttle to and from the meeting. Shuttle pickup an drop off was a breeze. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for the shuttle. The drivers were all extremely friendly, probably the most friendly group among all places I have been before. They were also very helpful with dining recommendations.

The main lobby is very nicely decorated and comfortable. I did work in the lobby multiple times and found it to be a nice place to just sit. There is a bar that is open in the evenings. The breakfast was standard for Hampton Inn - definitely more than adequate with hot and cold options. The food was always well stocked.

The gym was fairly good sized with 2 or 3 treadmills, a bike, and elliptical. Also there are free weights and a machine with cables and pull up bar. The equipment was fairly new and in good condition. My only complaint is that it was pretty warm in there the several times I worked out. Definitely much warmer than the rest of the hotel. I'm sure they would have adjusted the AC if I asked though so this is a minor thing.

The hotel room itself was average. The air conditioner had some broken knobs but it worked fine. It was definitely an older unit. The room otherwise was clean. I like Hampton Inn especially because they wash the duvets. One annoying but minor thing was that the bathroom door would not stay open on its own. I had to prop it open. That's a first...

Location is pretty good with Fourth Street Live only a few blocks away and definitely walk-able. Good dining options around. I would try Bistro 301 and Doc Crow's which are both only a few blocks away. Both were fantastic. I'd recommend getting a reservation at Doc Crow's though since it's usually a very busy place. I ended up sitting at the bar to eat since I couldn't get a table, which was fine. There is a homeless shelter just east of the hotel. While I never felt threatened, I had multiple people ask me for money on the street. Just a heads up...

I paid $160/night. I considered the Seelbach Hilton down the street but this was more affordable.

Overall I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I would return here for business or for personal reasons.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mikedc0813
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us. As you are a seasoned traveler, I was pleased to see that your comments reflected an overall satisfaction with all aspects of your stay, with a few minor exceptions. i will look at the temperature setting in the fitness facility that you mentioned. We look forward to being your host on a future trip back to Louisville. Thanks again for your input.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time while staying at the Hampton and Jason the young mabn at the front desk for check in was an outstanding (5 star outstanding) young man. The staff was very courteous and I have stayed in many hotels but never ever seen any staff members outside picking up cigaret buts up from the ground. I am a retiring old school soldier and it made me so happy to see someone at least doing they're job!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, we will most certanly stay many more times again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end was quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about the service you received from our staff, particularly Jason, on your recent visit. We all take great pride in providing good service and a clean hotel and I'm glad you appreciated our efforts and shared them on Trip Advisor. We hope to be able to have you as our guests again real soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This facility gives you excellent customer service, very clean, excerise room very nice and they have a very nice pool so bring your swim suits. This is in a central location to the museums and resturants downtown, also oif you like to take walks this is beautiful area for that also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks for writing a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the efforts of our staff to provide great service met your expectations. I will share this feedback, along with your recognition of the hotel's cleanliness, with our team. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Highly recommend this hotel when staying downtown Louisville. Hotel was very clean. People at desk were very helpful and courteous. The continental breakfast was very appealing. Everything was fresh. Restaurants were in walking distance, so were the different attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for the nice review following your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that the facility and staff met your expectations. They'll be pleased that their efforts did not go unnoticed. We hope to be of service to you in the near future.