“Great bartender! Staff was awesome, and the beds were amazing.”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff respected our privacy, and was very nice to my wife (who is blind). Polite and great people. The local food lacked imagination, but was edible. We were in town for government business, and found the hotel to be very close to downtown. The bartender, Greg, was great. Knew the drinks, was very helpful with the area, and was downright funny. The breakfast buffet was typical of any midrange hotel. Coffee in the lobby was usually tepid, not hot enough during the day. When my wife came to the lobby during the day for a cup while working, she found it not hot on most occasions.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor was easy to get to, elevator was quick.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thanks for the positive feedback about your stay --- specifically, Greg our bartender, and the rest of the staff. I'm glad that the hotel, with its central location, worked out so well for you. We will keep a closer eye on the lobby coffee station in the future, to ensure a hot cup for all of our guests. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future. Thanks again for your input.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

In December 2012, My husband & I along with two other couples stayed at this Hampton property when we went an ISU college men's basketball game. First it was such an easy hotel to get to right off I-65.
It is within walking distance of a downtown Louisville which is reinventing itself. Easy walk to the YUM Center too.
The staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. After dining at one of Louisville's brewry restaurants, we came back to their bar to sit and talk. Breakfast was great.
Interestingly too, one of the lobby staff remembered our friend( by name)who had stayed at another Hampton in the Louisville area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debby5480
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thanks for writing to tell us about how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you and I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Location great - shuttle service to drop off and pick up at area restaurants and attractions.
Staff friendly and helpful - would stay again and plan on more time to really get to see more of Louisville. Best Pizza in town and great nightlife are available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thanks for the kind words about the hotel and staff. I appreciate you taking the time to write and I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you. I hope you come back again soon, when you can spend some time to really explore our city. Thanks again for your input.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

It is in a very convenient location. We had to deal with the usual thin walls and doors in most hotels where we can hear every toilet flushing and shower going. My husband and I HATED the extremely soft bed and down pillows. Overall, its just an average hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thanks for providing candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm disappointed that your experience was not more enjoyable. Please feel free to contact me directly on a future trip so that I can personally select a quiet location in the hotel and ensure you get all foam pillows instead of feather ones on your bed. I hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel really went above and beyond to support those staying as part of the Louisville Ironman weekend. We were 3 in a room, 1 athlete and 2 supporters. Room was spacious and the beds were SUPER comfy. The only downfall was that there's a hospital nearby (not that THAT is a downfall, or the hotel's issue) and our room faced the road, so were head a lot of ambulance traffic through the night. Glad I remembered my earplugs! Room was clean, hallways were quiet. Large pool area and a really nice lobby with a bar and sitting areas.

We stayed for 3 nights and each day there were big bins of ice cold water bottles for athletes and supporters. Breakfast was great, lots of hot and cold items to choose from. LOTS of seating available, which was good because it was always busy at breakfast. The morning of the race the breakfast was served super early so that the athletes could eat before the race. Nice touch.

Front desk staff were AMAZING and super helpful. Gave us a lesson on how to say Louisville, directions to various stores when needed and were always friendly and ready to help. One staff member even went so far as to open up the breakfast area cabinets at 10pm so that our athlete could get some peanut butter packets for her race bag food, instead of buying a huge jar at the CVS.

Some in our group used the hotel shuttle service and were very happy with the service. We utilized it on the day of the race to get to the finish line area after walking all day.

Our room had individually wrapped eye make-up remover pads. With 3 women, they didn't last long. I left a note for our cleaning staff, asking for a few extra and they left SEVERAL packs, laid out on our counter like a flower. Very nice touch.

While some places we visited while in Louisville seemed annoyed by the event and the crowds it brought ... Hampton Inn and its staff embraced us and went above and beyond. Louisville should be proud of how this hotel represented the city to first-time visitors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back of the hotel to avoid the ambulance sirens.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Let me say Wow, too. What a great review of your stay during the Ironman event this summer. Thanks for taking the time to provide details on the experience you had. The staff will be pleased that they made a difference in your visit. I hope that you will choose us again if you come back next year. Thanks again for your input!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hotel was beautiful and the staff were all great! We will definitely be back when we visit Louisville again! The shuttle service was wonderful, we were dropped off at the door of the restaurant we went to and picked up when we were done!

• Stayed: December 2012
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel. We are happy that everything worked out so well and that you were pleased with the service we provided. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The staff was so friendly and helpful and the breakfasts so delicious and plentiful, that far outweighed the one unfortunate issue. I know that travelers sleep on rumpled sheets for the duration of their stay and are expected to reuse towels. I get that. But once we didn't get any maid service at all, and we were not alone in that, I discovered conversing with others in my group. But as I say, that was annoying and inconvenient (and a tad unsanitary, picking up used towels off the floor to reuse once again). But the rest was all stupendous. Convenient to everything or handy to transportation, fabulous staff assistance and suggestions.

Room Tip: street noises can be bothersome
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit here. I was glad to hear that the location, breakfast offerings and service provided met your expectations. I am disappointed in the level of housekeeping service provided, as this is not our standard, and I will address it at once with those associates. I sincerely apologize for our lapse in that area. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future. I assure you that your experience will be a positive one.