“Nice stay for the night”

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went to Louisville for the night - Great location and price compared to the competition. The staff was great upon arrival and overall the stay was nice. The hotel is about a 1/4 mile from 4th street live and is going to be your best bang for the buck. The only downfall was the early wake up call from someone with a hacksaw cutting a pipe above our room. I believe this to be an anomoly though and would stay here again on future visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay. I'm glad that the hotel, with its central location, value pricing and service minded staff met your expectations. I'm sorry for the maintenance related noise you encountered. I will follow up with our maintenance team to ensure this does not occur again. Thanks again for your input.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Downtown Louisville provided excellent accomodations. The staff was very helpful, the room was spacious and clean, the heated pool was great. The shuttle that took us wherever we wanted to go in the downtown area was great! A good breakfast, as well. I'm already booked for my return visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your last visit. I'm glad that the hotel worked out so well for you and that our staff's service met your expectations. We look forward to your return real soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

this hotel by far exceeded my expectations. hilton honor member, upgraded us to king suit. very large room, king bed sofa sleeper jacuzzi tub, walk in shower. recently renovated. lobby is very nice. breakfast was good. staff was very helpful and very friendly! would stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thanks for writing such a nice review about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team. I'm glad that the staff's efforts made for a pleasant stay and look forward to having you back again as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

In town for the Ironman. The staff was friendly. Rooms were nice. I would stay here again. The staff kept bottles of water available for all guest all weekend. Accomidated all the guest by having earlier breakfast times available for the athletes. Used their shuttle to get aroung. Maid went about and beyond.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator. Not all rooms have one.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thanks for writing a great review about your recent stay over the Ironman weekend. I'm pleased that the hotel and our staff's service efforts met your expectations. I will certainly share your feedback with them. We hope to have you back again next year as our guests.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hampton Inn has been my hotel of choice for many years. Clean, quiet, great breakfasts, helpful staff.....nice rooms. They got it right. Always nice to know the bedding has been cleaned since the last guest....Also, I loved the desk in this room.....took pictures of it in hopes of duplicating at my home. Big and roomy with nice curves to it. People at the front desk could not have been more helpful. For the most part, what I like about the experience is the hotels all seem to be kept up to the same standard and when you make a reservation, you know you can expect the same kind of quality, with few exceptions, wherever you go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that the hotel, guest room and our staff all worked out so well for you. I appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand and look forward to your return again in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Good location in down town, nice room and clean. Resturants set up very basic and breakfast was very poor not what I expected when you pay over $150 per night. The complementary coffee in the lounge was terrible, always cold and not very well maintained. Could have been a lot better!! Over all I felt it was not worth anything over $80 per night.

Stayed: July 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm glad that the location of the hotel and the room met with your satisfaction. Generally, our guests are very happy with the variety and selections offered at our complimentary breakfast. I'm sorry that we fell short in that area with you. We do hope you will give us another opportunity in the future, I'm sure you would experience a positive result. I will be sure to take your comments back to the staff in order to ensure that.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were in town to race Ironman Louisville. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed including having iced bottles of water out all weekend to keep us hydrated. The breakfast was substantial and lasted until 9am instead of just 7am. They even have a pool almost big enough to get a few laps in. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the great review about our hotel and staff. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you here. We enjoyed being your hosts on the Ironman weekend and look forward to seeing you again next year.