WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #16 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Rockville Centre, New York
“Kentucky Derby Weekend @ Hampton Inn Downtown Louisville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at this hotel for the Kentucky Derby weekend. The hospitality and friendliness of the staff was outstanding and some of the best we've seen in all the places we've visited. The hotel was very clean and uniquely designed. The Derby festivities were done in a very classy manner. We will be staying here, next year, for the Derby again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thanks for the great review you posted about your KY Derby weekend experience with us. I'm glad that the hotel and staff provided the type of experience that was memorable. We look forward to seeing you again next year---or sooner!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Ulm, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our Kentucky Derby weekend was totally enhanced by the staff and management of the Hampton Inn Louisville-Downtown. The moment we arrived, we were greeted with mint juleps, a rose for each female and very friendly, helpful hotel workers! The lobby continuously furnished fresh coffee and/or chilled bottled water. An amazing shop was set up in the lobby with a multi-talented hat seller who had hats and fascinators galore!!! You couldn't help buying at least one!!

The complimentary breakfasts each morning far exceeded anything we've ever had as a free breakfast.........it was amazing and super delicious. The Happy Hour spreads were equally as amazing and totally unexpected.

Daily local newspaper was a nice addition to our stay.

Their shuttle service is extraordinary. Not only do they furnish the expected airport transfers, they graciously took us to restaurants and shuttle (for the Derby) stops in town...........and also picked us up when we called. This was such a "plus" for our group of 4.

If ever you are in Louisville, we highly recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for writing a review about your experience here over the KY Derby weekend. I'm pleased that the hotel, staff and services provided met your expectations. Thanks for the recommendation and for choosing us from the many available hotels in the area. We hope to see you back next year!
New York CIty
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our original plan was to stay 4 nights here. Upon checking in, we were told room assigned to us had a plumbing problem and we were walked over to the Fairfield Marriott across the street. Hampton Inn paid for the evening at the Fairfield. Other than the inconvenence of having to pack and come back the next night, them paying for the night was fair. On the second evening when we did check in, we were presented with a little baggie that had cookies and to my surprise, a small gift card to a store. It was unnecessary but a very nice gesture. The hotel staff was pleasant, the rooms clean and breakfast was decent. As this is a review, the only negative I would note is that the room doors tend to slam when they are closing. We woke up startled whenever people in the rooms next to us left very early in the morning or got in very late. Maybe in a future renovation project, they can do something about this.. as I have never noticed such a thing at the other Hilton properties I've stayed at. Overall, this was a nice hotel to stay in...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I apologize for having to relocate you and your party on the first night of your visit. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotels staff and services for the rest of your stay once you checked in here. We hope that we see you on your next trip to Louisville.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel with
friendly staff. Close to all attractions in downtown. Room was pretty clean and breakfast was nice. I would stay again for my next Louisville trip.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm glad that the hotel, with its central location to all the downtown attractions, worked out so well for you. I will be sure to share your positive remarks about the service with the staff. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Louisville.
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights when I ran the Derby Marathon and it was probably the most convenient hotel to the start/finish area (even closer than the host hotel). It was a short walk to all of the action on 4th St. and also walking distance to the Louisville Slugger Factory, the waterfront, and many other sites of interest.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. There was a pool which looked nice but I didn't use it. I would have used a hot tub but there wasn't one. :( I was a little disappointed that we could not get wi fi for a smartphone in our rooms, though they did have it for free in the lobby. The room was very clean and well-maintained. Walls are thin and I had to complain about noise from the next room, but the staff took care of it right away.

Free airport shuttle but I flew in/out of Cincinnati and rented a car; parking was free so that was great. I would definitely recommend staying here for anyone visiting Louisville. The staff went out their way to help.

Room Tip: Upper floor for better views
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay over the Derby Marathon weekend. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out so well for you. I will be sure to share your positive feedback about the service you received with our staff. Thanks again and we hope to see you next year.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

The front desk staff was very cheerful and happy at all times. Their breakfast was better than most of the Hamptons I've stayed in. The location was great.

The rooms weren't anything special, but they were clean and roomy enough. Overall, no real complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and recognize our staff. I will be sure that they all see your comments. We take great pride in providing a friendly and efficient level of service to all of our guests. We hope to see you again on a future trip to our city.
Fairmont, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at the East Jefferson St. Hampton Inn during this past weekend when I ran the Kentucky Derby Marathon. The staff was very helpful. The hotel was clean, in a great area, .6 miles from the marathon starting line, and in the center of Louisville. Plenty of activity going on. I plan on staying here again if I run (and I hope to) the Kentucky Derby Marathon in 2013. Oh, the complimentary breakfast was great, too.

Bob McIntyre

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thanks for writing a review based on your stay last weekend. I'll share your comments about the staff, cleanliness and breakfast with our team. I'm glad that the hotel and its location, close to the marathon, worked out so well for you. We hope to see you back here next year.