New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
Ranked #16 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
New Lenox, Illinois
“All you could want in a place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Nice, clean decent sized room and bathroom. Has free parking, and free breakfast in the morning. Also has free WiFi, though a bit slow (may have been a simple problem with my laptop).

It's on Jefferson, and right near the I-65 exit... and a few blocks from downtown. It's near a shady looking gas station and pawn shop, but in the two days we stayed here, we had no problems when walking to and from downtown (at all times of the day or night).

As I said above, it's only a few blocks from downtown, so walking to the KFC Yum Center or Fourth Street Live is simple.

I read a previous review that the traffic/busy street kept that person awake over night. I slept just fine... I'm pretty sure that most people from the typical suburb or city will sleep just fine as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mhawrysko
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that the hotel and its location worked so well for you. We look forward to having you again as our guest when your travels take you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife & I stayed there with our infant son for two nights. On the trip home we noticed these sores appearing on his arms. After arriving home I noticed them on my legs too!! They were the tell tale triple bites from bed bugs. After calling the hotel management I was told they would "investigate" to see if there was an infestation. Two days later I received a voice mail from a management company saying that they found no signs of bed bugs and therefore would not do anything to assist me. Do yourself a favor and choose another place to stay. I am a frequent business traveler and have Gold status with Hilton and have never been this appalled!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Matt W
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
When I was informed of the possibility of this problem, I , like most responsible hoteliers, took it very seriously and acted immediately. I personally checked this room and had the housekeeping manager inspect it as well. I did not leave it to our inspection alone----I contacted our pest control company who was here within 24 hours. They performed a thorough inspection and certified in writing that there was no sign of any activity of any kind. Although I don't dismiss that you and your son may have some type of bite, I can state that it is not the result of bedbugs or any bugs from that room.
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I use to stay at mostly holiday inns and decided to give hampton a chance. Great location clean rooms and would definetly stay again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thanks for the positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the service we provided. I hope that you will keep us in mind if your travels take you back to this area.
Columbia, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

All the staff we talked to, front desk, breakfast crew, and staff we met in the elevator were so accomodating. Front desk had great recommendations for restaurants. Provided a map with locations circled. So awesome. Maintenance and housekeeping staff on elevator were very polite and helpful with children. I think we got a room upgrade. Was very nice. As usual this hotel chain has very comfy beds/sheets/pillows. 6 yr old loved the pull out couch. The indoor pool is amazing,huge. We all loved it...kids and adults. We made the walk to Fourth Street Live downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that we provided service worthy of such great feedback. You can be certain that I will share your comments with our dedicated team. We hope to have you back in the near future as our guest.
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I'm creeped out by hotels and I give this place a 4 star. Everyone was VERY pleasent even with all the commotion and drunk people from New Years eve. Within walking distance to both the river front and 4th St.

I also want to say their complementary breakfast was the best I've ever had.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Happy New Year and thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will share your feedback with our staff--especially about the breakfast. We hope you will consider us again in the future if you travel back to our city.
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night last week. I don't remember staying at a Hampton Inn before, but the hotel was very nice. It was decorated quite pretty for Christmas. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The location was in walking distance to restaurants and the KFC Yum Center. The lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We had an easy check in and check out. There were alot of options for breakfast, seating was plentiful, and the dining area large. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with the hotel and the service provided by our team. We hope you will keep us in mind if your future travel plans bring you back to Louisville.
Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

This is the second time within four weeks that a Hilton Hotel gave my room away! When I stepped up to the counter to check in, I was told "sorry, but were overbooked and your room is no longer available!" Apparently, guaranteeing a room at a Hilton property with a major credit card (along with being a HHonors member) is not much of a guarantee!! I simply can't believe it!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the problem you encountered at our hotel that resulted in your relocation to a different hotel. Without knowing the exact date of this occurence, I am unable to tell exactly what happened in your case. Please contact me directly at 502-585-2200 and I would be more than happy to look into this.

Bob Gigliotti