“Great Hotel, Clean, Cheap and Convenient!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Louisville East
Ranked #24 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We were very happy with this hotel. It was extremely clean, the staff was very nice and it was very affordable. It is close to food places and close to the interstate. The room was a little small, but honestly, we were there to sleep and shower and hit the road the next day so it was perfect. A great place to stay for travelers.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Louisville East

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I needed a place to stop over for the night outside of Louisville, while on a 17 hour drive to North Carolina. I looked for a hotel property that's convenient, dog-friendly, clean and simple for this type of 9 hour layover. And reasonably priced.

I stayed at this Microtel based on Trip Advisor reviews. And I was not disappointed. It's located very convenient to I-64, a little convoluted to find, but in a hotel/office park. Good place to get my dog out to air and run, pet friendly (with an additional fee that they are very up front about out.) I checked in relatively late in the evening and was met by "Mike" at the front desk, very cordial, personable and helpful. He made sure that I got a room that met my needs, and was proactive to offer up a wakeup call, made sure I was informed of when and where breakfast was served, and that coffee was available 24hrs. When I was outside taking care of the dogs and he was on a break, he walked over to ask after the dogs and make sure everything was ok.

The room is an exercise in efficient minimalism. It's actually kind of interesting how, with built-in closets, drawers, TV, full length wall mirroros, etc, a small room can be made to feel larger.

My only minor complaint is the lighting over the bed. Instead of either nightstand or spot lighting, there is a full bank of light above the length of the headboard. Way too bright for someone who just wants to read in bed at night and not have the room lit up like a stadium. Minor annoyance.

And the rate was $49 plus another $20 for pet fee. All in all, it was quite reasonable and a very good experience for a comfortable, safe and economical hotel room needed for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank fartoobusy
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My friend and I were looking for a cheap place to stay in Louisville. I had never heard of Microtel before and decided to try it out because of the good reviews I found here.The size of the room itself wasn't bad (definately bigger than what I was expecting w/ the name of MICROtel). I was impressed the bathroom was decently sized - it actually had MORE space than the hyatt I had stayed in (Louisville) just a few weeks before!!! We had no problem locating the hotel. Desk clerks were nice - Check-in/out was no problem. Free wifi. Free breakfast. My ONLY complaint was that I felt the bathroom had a cigarette/smoke smell (we had a non-smoking room) and the towels even had the smell to them.
I supplied this same information to Microtel when I recieved an email asking to fill out a review of my stay. The next day I received an email from the general manager apologizing for the 'inconvenience'. It may have been a 'general' email they send to everyone who puts in a negative comment in the review but it was still a nice touch. I will definately be staying at Microtel the next time i'm in Louisville.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My meeting got cancelled. My reservation? No, they refuse to cancel online reservations. No exceptions. I've never heard of this and I am AMAZED an entire hotel chain would be willing to lose all my future business in this way. I only travel on business about 50 days per year, but that's 50 days that will now go to ANY OTHER hotel chain BUT Wyndam et al.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed here based on a TripAdvisor review. Everything said about the hotel was correct. This was one of the finest budget hotels I have ever visited. The room, the desk staff, the shower, the location--all were excellent. I loved the sitting shelf/nook in the window. Had the bed not been so comfortable, I could have slept in the window. If you're in Louisville and looking for an economical hotel, this is the one!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Read reviews on TripAdvisor. Truly good deal. The hair dryers and such are at the desk, not in the rooms, so obtain from front desk. The room was compact but excellent. The bed was very firm (not much give, not springy or spongy at all), bedding was nice. I slept great after driving all day. The bathroom was normal size and excellent. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable of local eateries and events (I learned about Thunder Over Louisville and Wicks Pizza).
My son and I were in town to pick up a car. Parking for our two cars was no problem. Convenient to restaurants and anything else you need. About 15 - 20 mins to downtown and Waterfront Park. I'll stay again!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The Microtel lived up to the other reviews on trip advisor. The room was small and reminded us of a cabin on a cruise ship, but it was clean and quiet. Breakfast left a little to be desired, but OK. There was not many food choices and the pre-packaged bagels and muffins were dried out. All in all, I would stay there again if I was in Louisville and I will not hesitate to try a Microtel again. My rate with taxes was $63; I am happy with what I had for this price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple