“Good Value for $63”

Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Value for $63”
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The Microtel lived up to the other reviews on trip advisor. The room was small and reminded us of a cabin on a cruise ship, but it was clean and quiet. Breakfast left a little to be desired, but OK. There was not many food choices and the pre-packaged bagels and muffins were dried out. All in all, I would stay there again if I was in Louisville and I will not hesitate to try a Microtel again. My rate with taxes was $63; I am happy with what I had for this price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
australia
Reviewed May 27, 2010

From when we first arrived we were greeted by friendly helpful staff.
The rooms are a decent size & the beds are wonderful.. The pillows are hard & that's ok if you like firm/hard.
Breakfast consisted of Bagels,cereal,muffins coffee & juices. More than enough for any traveler. However McDonald's is a few hundred yards up the road if you require more than the standard.
The receptionist that took our bookings Angela is a credit to the Microtel Hotel.
Fresh coffee is in the foyer 24hrs a day. Wonderfully priced accommodation. Stay 3 and save. Internet is free & works perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My husband & I booked this hotel as a budget choice for a brief visit to Louisville. We had read the other reviews here, and our experience mirrored most others. check-in was polite & efficient. we were surprised by a call to our room about 15 minutes after arrival just enquiring whether everything was satisfactory - a nice touch.We paid about $40 per night, taxes included.
Yes, the room is small, but, well laid out. It also appeared fairly new. The bed was comfortable (nicely firm, did not sag) with nice bedding - comforter rather than polyester bedspread. The bathroom was relatively spacious, and toiletries provided (face soap, body soap, and shampoo) were adequate, as were the towels. The hotel smelt clean & fresh, none of the mustiness I tend to associate with budget hotels. Wi-fi access worked well. We experienced no noise problems during our visit.
Breakfast was juice, milk, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, muffins, bagels with cream cheese, jelly & peanut butter. Tea & coffee were available 24 hours. While the rooms do not have refrigerators, there are ice machines & drink/candy vending machines.
We literally left the hotel after breakfast, and returned late at night to sleep. The Microtel Inn suited our needs for this very well. The only downfall for us was the location - about 20 minutes from downtown Louisville.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit Michigan
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I usually stay at mid -class hotels like Hyatt and Hampton Inn. However while traveling with two friends we encountered an ice/ snow storm and pulled off in Louisville. We had a choice of 4 hotels all next door to each other, all major chains. Unfortunately the hotels we found where booked due to the storm or knew at 10:30 pm at night that we were desperate for a room due to the bad weather conditions, so they wanted to charge more than normal. We decided to try the Microtel Inn, which none of us heard of before. The building outside is plain looking but walking inside I was surprise at the well appointed furnishings, the well lighted lobby and the wonderful front desk person that greeted us. Unlike the hotels next door the older grandmother like front desk person was so friendly and gave each of us the lowest price I have ever seen for a hotel.
As noted by other reviewers the rooms are smaller than most hotel rooms but still offer enough room for relaxing and watching TV. This hotel offers the largest selection of cable TV channels that I have ever seen. I believe there were 80 channels including HBO. The rooms where very bright, clean and appeared to be recently remolded. There is a desk and chair in the room and complementary high speed internet access. The internet was fast and perfect for streaming video with no interruptions or down time. The bathroom was large and I was shocked at all the bright soft white fully towels, there were enough towels for several showers.
As advertised at the front desk and on the Microtel website, the bedding is upgraded premium bedding with down a comforter, high end sheets, high end pillows that where very thick and fluffy, the mattress was thick, not cardboard like as with most budget hotels, as it was a thick pillow top mattress. What I like most about my stay was how quiet the hotel was, and how well constructed it was. The temperature was controlled by a digital thermostat on the heating cooling unit, it actually worked and cycled on an off through the night and it was whisper quiet unlike other hotels.
Breakfast was great, never have I heard of a budget hotel providing breakfast but this hotel did. There were about 4 different types of flavored coffee, teas, muffins, bagels, several choices of cream cheese and 2 types of coffee cake.
Don't look any further if you want a budget hotel at a budget price and want high quality normally found at mid-level hotels like Hyatt or Holiday Inn's, this hotel did not feel like any budget hotel I have stayed at before. I found another chain to consider

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Delavan, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Both my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by this room. We were so pleasantly surprised, that we reserved the room for our return trip. The room is small, but beautifully organized. We had a much easier time getting things out of the way than in much larger rooms and we had to get a lot in on the return trip due to temperatures in the low teens. The bed was very comfortable and we even left our pillows in the car for the return trip. The staff could not be nicer. The breakfast bar is a true 'continental breakfast' with bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal, juices and coffee. Not fancy, but if you want more, feel free to pay a lot more for a room. For a one-night stop enroute on a trip, you cannot beat this. We would use this property in a heartbeat as a stopping point in the future.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed November 20, 2009

This hotel is on the eastern outskirts of metro Louisville, about 15-20 minutes from downtown. It is in an unattractive suburban jungle of other low-end hotels and businesses--it's not easy to find from I-64.

But once there you will find the staff pleasant, the rooms clean and the facility well maintained. These rooms are "micro"--very small. But they are well designed and everything works. The comp breakfast is pretty poor but there is free wi-fi. If you're looking for a low-priced, safe, clean stay and don't mind the drive, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Smyrna, Tennessee
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The room was very small. Just big enough for a queen bed and 2 bedside stands. The TV was up above the closet, near the ceiling. The window had a padded sill you could sit on. It looked and felt like a hospital room, but it was adequate. The bed was comfortable, and the TV had a full slate of cable channels. The bathroom, actually, was quite spacious.

Everything I had to do at the front desk, from checking in and out to changing a $5 bill, seemed to take forever. The continental breakfast was okay, but there was nowhere to eat it, so I had to take it back up to my little room.

The hotel is difficult to find off the interstate, but at least there are a lot of dining options nearby.

It was okay. For what I paid, I shouldn't have expected too much more. If you're just passing through and staying one night, it's not all that bad, but I'm sure you could do better.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple