“Col. Harland Sanders Grave Site”
Review of Cave Hill Cemetery

Cave Hill Cemetery
Ranked #6 of 171 things to do in Louisville
Syracuse, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Col. Harland Sanders Grave Site”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I feel odd reviewing a cemetery. It was odder still including a cemetery in my vacation plans, but it felt like any trip to northern Kentucky would be incomplete without paying my respects to the Colonel.

The cemetery makes this popular pilgrimage convenient by a tactful yellow line down the pavement (to the uninformed, it appears as just a lane line) from the entrance to the Sanders' plot.

I tried to be respectful, posing for a photograph while eating a piece of his fried chicken, as it's easy to lose the fact that despite his iconic status in pop culture, this is a man and his wife's final resting place, not to mention the final resting place of multitudes of others in the surrounding cemetery.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Bill H

New Albany, Indiana
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Historical”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The groounds ae beautiful. If you an interest in local history, you will enjoy your visit. It is very large , but a lovely place to walk and take in your surroundings.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Phyllis W
Pittsburgh
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“The Most Sculptures I've seen in a Cemetery”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We love seeking out the local cemeteries in a new city, so of course we visited. The office was closed on a Sunday but you can google a map and find where some of the fun sights are.

There is a neat little cave down by the lake that can't be entered, as well as some of the most elaborate sculptures on tombstones I've ever seen. Two specific stops we made were to see Colonel Sanders' tomb (complete with a bust of him) and a beautiful statue of a magician placed atop his grave. This place is a great stop if you're a cemetery lover like I am.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank ark18
Louisville, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Every visit is unique”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I often walk the property and enjoy the beautiful grounds. On several occassions I have photgraphed the beautiful sights. It is a great place to remember our military men and women who have died over the decades for our freedom.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Kimberlgh
Los Angeles, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Pleasant and Beautiful”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I visited because we enjoy Victorian cemeteries. This cemetery was no exception. They had everything you come to expect; Beautiful private mausoleums, hand-crafted tomb stones, and well kept and designed grounds.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank CalAlumTraveler

Been to Cave Hill Cemetery? Share your experiences!