“Very neat tour!”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very neat tour!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went to take this tour with my mom and at first, I wasn't enthused. This normally isn't my thing. However, after arriving and getting our lanterns we started the tour. We had an absolutely amazing tour guide who not only told us the stories of these ghosts, but gave us an excellent history of the homes and sites where they roam. We even got to sample "bourbon balls" that were mighty tasty. Overall, I wasn't expecting to enjoy a ghost walk, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely do it again!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sara B

Grove City, Ohio, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Happy Haunting in Old Louisville!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

There are several companies offering tours of 'old Louisville'. My husband and I have taken a day 'architectural tour' and a "Lantern Ghost Walk' as well. Both of these tours were offred by the Historic Old Louisville Visitors Center. We had a bit of a time with scheduling as did another reviewer (but WELL worth the trouble). The folks manning the office/phones as well as acting as tour guides are volunteers and sometimes they are a bit shorthanded....patience :)
They have tour buses; but both tours we took were walking tours. We just took the Lantern tour on April 5- the weather was phenominal. There were only 4 of us on the tour so it was a nice cozy neighborhood walk. We didn't see any 'ghosts' but we heard lots of stories, saw beautiful homes and had a wonderful 'happy ball' (a delightful bourbon/pecan/chocolate confection)mmmmm. The walk also included entrance to the historic Conrad-Caldwell House at Saint James Court; but if you want to truly enjoy the beauty of this magnificent estate, you should visit the house during the day. There is an admission fee and won't get the ghost stories, but, you'll be able to see the entire house. Overall, we were very happy that we chose the "Lantern Ghost Walk"....its something a bit different.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rusti T
Carmel, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Well, who knows?”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We made the reservation and showed up when were told, waited 20 minutes and nothing. We ran to catch another tour and while on it got a phone call asking if we were coming for the tour. They wouldn't give us a refund of the $75 we paid, but offered the tour at another time. We organized another trip around this tour and I left several messages before someone finally called me back since they never answer the phone. I explained the situation and was told the director would call me back that day. A day or two later I talked to her and told her we had to postpone our trip a couple of weeks, could I make a reservation. She said just call the day of, I explained my concern that the phone is not answered, and she gave some excuse about temporary understaffing. So here we are, day of the tour, I called all day and NOTHING. No one shows up for the tour, or returns any messages. We traveled 150 miles to do this tour tonight, and are leaving disappointed a second time. Very poor customer service, and we will be getting our money back this time.

1 Thank mlzoiss
Greeley
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lantern Ghost Walk”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The walk was fantastic, and well worth the time and money! The guide is very knowledgeable. BUT, make sure you drive to the starting point, so you have a way back. We were staying at a downtown hotel, and luckily a staff person at our restaurant suggested that we take a cab, rather than try to walk to the Old Louisville Chamber of Commerce. Unfortunately, we were unable to find a taxi for our return, and the guide was of no help (he stated that the Louisville taxis were notoriously unreliable). We ended up walking back -- nice walk, but a little longer than we had anticipated.

Take this walk -- you will love it!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ekaterina48
Dayton, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Exhilarating tour”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Peter, our tour guide, was exceptionally knowledgeable about the spirits of Louisville. He was very accommodating, too. My wife had a sore foot, so he adapted the speed of travel accordingly. He spent a copious amount of time with us in the Caldwell Mansion. We could have sworn we heard footsteps above us!

Visited June 2012