“An Outstanding Restaurant!”

Harvest - Louisville
Ranked #25 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: harvest...a locally grown restaurant.
Addison, Texas
“An Outstanding Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Highly recommended! Food and service both were outstanding. Farm-to-table taken seriously and executed extremely well.

Visited May 2014

Louisville
“One great meal out of four diners”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

My first trip to Harvest left me with an "average" view of the restaurant. My family and I dined there recently to mixed reviews by all. We had the sweet potato hummus appetizer which was good but not great. The hummus seemed to be over-seasoned with very little of the sweet potato flavor coming through. Presentation was beautiful though and I did enjoy the pickled vegetables that came with the plate. The crostini's that came with the dish were also very good but the namesake item in the dish will keep me from ordering it in the future. The table next to us had the cheese board appetizer and it looked delicious.

Entrees ranged from so-so to great. So-so described the gnocchi dish that my mother ordered and the pizza my wife ordered. The gnocchi dish lacked flavor and while the vegetables did taste fresh, the overall ingredients just didn't seem to go together. The pizza was $14 for a roughly 10" pie that had little country ham and some chopped banana peppers. There wasn't enough country ham on the pizza to let that salty cured ham flavor to come though.

My sister ordered the BBQ board and again the presentation was awesome! I would put this dish in the good category because of that presentation and the great collection of items on the board. My only knock on this entrée was that it arrived at the table "warm" and not "hot". I'm not sure what happened here but this dish would have made the excellent category if it weren't for that aspect. I guess I got lucky because my entrée, the pork chop, was superb. It had been cooked perfectly with a nice char on the chop. The seasoning was spot-on and the savory bread pudding was a great side dish on the plate. After distributing bites to the rest of the dinner party, all agreed that it was the best meal on the table. This dish is what will bring me to come back and try some of the other items on the menu regardless of a few of the issues we encountered.

Service was good not great and one of the owner/farmers stopped by the table to introduce himself and tell us about the restaurants "story". All four of us dined for $133 plus tip but that included a couple glasses of wine, two beers and a cocktail. A little pricy but when you source the majority of your food locally, it didn't surprise me one bit.

This restaurant could make a "very good" rating easily if the right dishes are ordered off of the menu. We'll skip the hummus, gnocchi and the pizza next time and try some other items offered on the Harvest menu.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank naturalgrass
Chicago, IL
“Great local food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Harvest takes the concept of "eating local" to a new level. There are pictures and bios of the farmers supplying the restaurant on the walls. One of the owners is usually present as well.
The waitresss was excellent, and provided good advice on menu selections as well as bourbon. The food was very well prepared, and presented some unique takes on classical foods.
A must stop if you consider yourself a "foodie". Make sure you say hello to the owners.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Anna H
Coconut Grove, FL
“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Went on a Saturday morning for brunch. One of the best breakfasts I have had in awhile. The Harvest Breakfast Plate had chorizo, egg and some type of biscuit/bread. All were excellent. The biscuit was especially delicious. The service was good however the place wasn't crowded. My only complaint is that it is a little pricey. The omelette was $12 and the sample plate $14. Not crazy prices but a tiny cup of ketchup was .50 or a tiny cup of chimichuri sauce. I have never been to a breakfast place that charges for ketchup. On the whole though very good.

• Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“One of Louisville's Finest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Recently went to harvest with a group of friends and the restaurant was a hit all around! I love the atmosphere and the decor with emphasis on local farms. The menu is limited but has a nice variety ( something for everyone). The burger, buttermilk fried chicken and bbq board got rave reviews from all! The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the local farms. My only complaint was that service was slow but it wasn't anything that would deter me away in the future. I highly recommend to anyone, I appreciate the ode to locality and the eclectic atmosphere NuLu restaurants are famous for. I highly recommend reservations as they book up quickly ( they use open table online service or call) If you are in the Louisville area ( close to downtown, southern Indiana especially), this restaurant is not to be missed! If you are local, get on down to harvest for an amazing food experience!

• Visited May 2014