“Great Brunch”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: Harvest... "a locally grown restaurant" Our mission is to serve outstanding, regionally inspired, seasonal “farm-to-table” cuisine. 80% of our ingredients are sourced locally from within a 100-mile radius and many of our foods are baked, cured, smoked and preserved in-house.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Went on a Saturday morning for brunch. One of the best breakfasts I have had in awhile. The Harvest Breakfast Plate had chorizo, egg and some type of biscuit/bread. All were excellent. The biscuit was especially delicious. The service was good however the place wasn't crowded. My only complaint is that it is a little pricey. The omelette was $12 and the sample plate $14. Not crazy prices but a tiny cup of ketchup was .50 or a tiny cup of chimichuri sauce. I have never been to a breakfast place that charges for ketchup. On the whole though very good.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Recently went to harvest with a group of friends and the restaurant was a hit all around! I love the atmosphere and the decor with emphasis on local farms. The menu is limited but has a nice variety ( something for everyone). The burger, buttermilk fried chicken and bbq board got rave reviews from all! The waitress was friendly and knowledgeable about the local farms. My only complaint was that service was slow but it wasn't anything that would deter me away in the future. I highly recommend to anyone, I appreciate the ode to locality and the eclectic atmosphere NuLu restaurants are famous for. I highly recommend reservations as they book up quickly ( they use open table online service or call) If you are in the Louisville area ( close to downtown, southern Indiana especially), this restaurant is not to be missed! If you are local, get on down to harvest for an amazing food experience!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I don't put lots of stock in trendy "locally sourced" "organic" "gluten free options" restaurants. Reluctantly went with a vegan friend to be nice since she has fewer options of places to go than me. Nice looking place in a no-big-deal area. Loved the server: knowledgeable and friendly and on top of everything. I'm in Kentucky so I order fried chicken. Incredible. The best fried chicken I have ever had. I may have to change my mind about the value of locally grown produce and spices because they only use them at this place. The best meal I had on the road last year. Not pretentious gourmet fancy romantic "best meal" but a great find for travelers looking for an exceptional local spot.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This restaurant is a short hop from downtown in a place that could have been a dry foods store in days gone by. Food was a mix of southern food prepared in non traditional ways. We had a party of eight with no complaints. Burgers, pork, and chicken were all good. They had a flight of Pappy Van Winkle bourbon which is extremely rare, expensive but worth it. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This restaurant is an absolute MUST for any foodie. We spent the evening with Harvest on Friday May 16th, 2014. We took advantage of reservations through OpenTable, and are glad that we did. We arrived promptly at 7:45 - our reservation time and were immediately seated. I tried their Harvest Old Fashioned tried their Basils Envy. The muddled blueberries in the Old Fashion were a nice addition to the cocktail.

We started with the "Beer Cheese" appetizer, which I must warn people to not fill up on (it can be addictive). I then had their "Burgoo." I admit I was skeptical, however must say it is one of the best soups I have ever eaten. For the main course I went with the BBQ Board - WOW! The meats on the BBQ board seem to change regularly, the ribs on my plate were amazing as was the pulled pork with grits. I also tried my wife's pork chop, and wish that I had a second stomach to order another entree! Unfortunately we were too full to attempt dessert (see above Beer Cheese comment) - however will ensure desert is on the table for our next dinner.

The atmosphere was nice, tables are appropriately spaced. The wait staff was attentive but not smothering. It was obvious that the wait staff works well together as the staff is not afraid to assist each other (removing plates, filling water, bringing cocktail/beers, etc).

The check for the two of us - pretip - was $130. It is rare that I leave a restaurant feeling completely satisfied. I feel that I left spending the $130 but received $200 worth of value.

I 100% recommend visiting Harvest when in Louisville - I will be back there for my next trip.