“Great food, great mission, overpriced”

Harvest - Louisville
Ranked #25 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: harvest...a locally grown restaurant.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great food, great mission, overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Louisville last weekend on a business trip and went to Harvest for Sunday brunch. Our food was really great- I got the biscuit and gravy (massive Cathead biscuit with a tasty, freshmade chorizo and sausage gravy) and my wife got the enchilada special. Both were very good and I would recommend Harvest to anyone and I hope to go back for lunch or dinner at some point. It is certainly not an "everyday" kind of place to me though. I strongly support the local food movement, but $20 for chicken enchiladas is a bit excessive.

• Visited October 2013

Hudson, Massachusetts
“Incredibly fresh produce, chic crowd, even at lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My grown family and I grabbed a bite before heading to the antique store across the way. The lunch crowd was chicly dressed even in this casual setting. I had the pizza, which came with a flavorful center of fresh greens - think salad first, then entree. My husband had the BLT, which he enjoyed, though he found the bacon tough. My son had BBQ chicken, which he found ordinary and the potato salad was overwhelmed by the dressing. Given our varying experiences, I'd recommend going for the greens and cheeses, which seem to be their strength. Service was excellent, and refills were anticipated.

Visited October 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Repeat business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great breakfast place in NULU section of Louisville, which is undergoing a facelift. Interesting choices for breakfast and everything is locally produced. (Photos of their local growers grace the walls.) Went back the second morning as well. Friendly staff added to a nice experience.

Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Southern Chic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Landed in Louisville en route to Ft. Knox we decided to give Harvest a try. Two New Yorkers and a Canadian, we wants a taste of the south without being overwhelmed. Bingo. Try the buttermilk fried chicken on hoe cake (an interesting form of corn bread) or go all the way to the steak with their smoky apple steak sauce. I don't know if this place is truly hyped but I could see they were busy. Go. Eat. Enjoy.

Ottawa
“Somewhat over hyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stopped in on a Thursday evening for a light dinner. The food is fresh and local - there is a big wall on one side of the restaurant with the list of farmers they purchase goods from. But it was not remarkable. Given the reviews and hype I expected more. The ham salad I ordered was ok - it was the Blanton's ham that gave it the taste but it is available everywhere. The coleslaw was interesting but very spicy. We all left saying the food was good but just that.

• Visited September 2013