“Favorite of all Louisville restaurants!”

Harvest - Louisville
Ranked #21 of 1,764 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: harvest...a locally grown restaurant.
“Favorite of all Louisville restaurants!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Visiting for a week and tried several of the top rated restaurants. This was my favorite! Love the locally grown menu and the staff was the best! One side of the menu is Kentucky meals... Really enjoyed trying the dishes.

Richmond, Virginia
“Farm to belly: with food like this, who needs a fork?”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Right off, the food at Harvest deserves five stars!
The service at Harvest deserves five stars!
The seating arrangements at Harvest deserve... three stars. (Two?)

THE FOOD:
So you probably already know that all of this restaurant's food is locally sourced within 100 miles. High quality farm-to-fork, then, right off the bat.

And EVERYTHING is delicious. We had two starters: the pork pie and the cheese board. The smoky goat cheese with tomato jam is the star of the starter show. But both appetizers were just great! Same for our entrees, the pork confit and the pork loin with sweet potato grits with an extra side of jalepeno-bacon cheese grits, because how could you NOT try that?

Cocktails were irreproachable: sazerac, thyme margarita, limmer's gin punch, old-fashioned. All A++.

The bread pudding is killer, really super-special next to the sorghum cookie, which was the most underwhelming thing we tried.

PS--If you're a vegetarian, this place might bum you out. But if you're not a vegetarian, boy howdy!

THE SERVICE:
So great. All servers and owners who visited our table were extremely friendly and knowledgeable and charming. You know how some people in the service industry are a little familiar--as in, they will lightly touch you on the shoulder when they say something funny, etc.? They do that here. I like it--but I understand that others may not, so it's worth noting.

THE SEATING:
BLARGH. Can I just say that my least favorite restaurant seating style is the looooong bench that seats different parties separated by a foot or so of space between tables? I hate that. When I'm out with my husband or my friends, etc., I don't want to be THAT close to other parties who are facing the same direction I am, etc. It's a pet peeve, and we did ask to be moved to a table that felt more private when we were seated at just such a table at Harvest.

So, they probably don't like us there, for being the tiniest bit difficult. But we LOVE them, and we'll be back!

Visited June 2013
“Creative, local southern cuisine”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch & really enjoyed the poutine--French fries covered with gravy, beef short ribs, and sunny side eggs. Strong emphasis on local ingredients. Our group of 8 all loved their meal!

houston, tx
“They know how to take care of their customers”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Strictly locavore, this can sometimes be limiting: their vegetarian pizza option was a cloyingly sweet sweet potato ricotta and asparagus - actually, everything was asparagus. Although the pizza was a huge disappointment - asparagus the size of nail pairings sparingly strewn across the orange crust - they gladly removed it and volunteered the asparagus soup which was absolutely genius.: homemade chili enfused oil swirled over the top, chive flowers crispy and spicy on the top with a dollop of creme fraiche. Food of the gods. The restaurants ambitions and generosity and talent were also obvious in the pork loin my friend ordered, beautifully stacked over spicy (yes, sweet potato) grits. Lively and noisy - hardly a place to have a romantic or friendly conversation.

Cambridge, Maryland
“Dine Out Night”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am here for a conference, and a group of us went to Harvest on the night that the company does not feed us. All of the food is grown locally or raised locally and incredibly fresh, organic, and problem free. The waitress was wonderful and everyone was super attentive. While the alcoholic drinks were great, I had ginger-ale and even that was done locally. Talk about a taste of Kentucky! The restaurant was a bit loud though and is smaller, but those are the only remote criticisms I can even dare to come up with here.