“Food was too rich.”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: Harvest... "a locally grown restaurant" Our mission is to serve outstanding, regionally inspired, seasonal “farm-to-table” cuisine. 80% of our ingredients are sourced locally from within a 100-mile radius and many of our foods are baked, cured, smoked and preserved in-house.
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I expected lots of veggies and garden fare since it is mid-summer. Not a lot of light choices on the menu. I had a grilled cheese on brioche and only ate half of it because it was rich! Had the scones for an appetizer and same thing. Very rich. It was good but just not at lunchtime and not what I expected at all. In the very hip Nulu neighborhood. Also, very loud at lunchtime.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had a great meal at Harvest last night. My wife and friend had the fried chicken entree, with spoon bread and gravy. Sounds old fashioned but it was anything but; the chicken was so moist and tasty, the spoon bread outstanding and the gravy excellent.

I had a pizza with local bratwurst slices for meat and a small mound of sauerkraut. Sounds a little weird but it was really good, I would not have guessed the meat on the pizza was a brat.

We had a very tasty cold corn soup and a lasagnette as starters and they were very good as well.
Good beer selection and of course a very nice bourbon selection. A great addition to the Market street restaurant scene.

1  Thank larry929
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I am a big fan of farm to table restaurants and I was looking forward to eating at Harvest. It was a warm day and we were seated near the window. The temperature was way too hot. By the end of the meal my wife and I and another couple were literally dripping with sweat. Either they need a better air conditioner or don't go when it's hot. The food was inconsistent. We had a mushroom tart appetizer that was wonderful. We had the pork special that was too salty and not as good as some of the local barbecue places in Louisville. The wine list was decent and reasonably priced. The service was good. Overall a mixed bag. I might go back for another try but not until we get cooler weather.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Harvest is fortunate to have poached an excellent chef formerly of Wiltshire on Market. With her talent, and using only fresh, local ingredients, what else can one ask for? (The restauranteur did concede - to my relief - that they source the wine list from beyond the local area, as well as olive oil and such.) Well, I guess my only cautionary note would be that the restaurant is quite loud, if full. But the servers were attentive to us, the food was great, and the cause is worthy. Thumbs up.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

Very cool concept. Artwork is tasteful photos of the farmers who grew the food you are eating. In the back of the dining area, there is a map of all the farm locations. I had the vegetarian turnovers which were tasty but the sauce was...interesting. Great cocktail list. The KY "champagne" (made with Bourbon) was a refreshing treat. Both desserts were outstanding. I had the brioche bread pudding and my dtr had the fried Chevre balls with strawberries. Yum. Service was ok. Ambiance very friendly to both families or a couple/date. I would really love to see this restaurant thrive in Louisville as the originality is so appreciated!