“try it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Gary's on Spring

Gary's on Spring
Reserve with OpenTable
Gary's on Spring is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Locust Street
Transit: Tarc Bus at the corner of Payne Street and Spring Street.
Description: Need an upscale atmosphere to bring a date on a night out? Seeking animated conversation over a wide selection of creative cocktails and wine? Gary's on Spring caters to all your needs and more, all under one roof! With a prime location in Louisville, Kentucky, our extensive contemporary American menu includes shrimp and grits, grilled lamb chops, Bourbon Street scallops and potato encrusted grouper on top of a dijon chive cream sauce. Our baby hot brown appetizer is considered the best in town! Needless to say, our bar is always stocked! If you love creative, high quality food, an ambient environment and friendly service, come check out Gary's on Spring today. We look forward to seeing you!
lebanon ky
“try it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Try the lobster bisque. It is fantastic. It's thick, creamy and very flavorable. Our server Titus was
the best and the food presentation is great. The only problem at our table was my pork chop. It was over cooked and very dry. The scallops Ron had were delicious. The restaurant is small so
make sure you make a reservation.

• Visited March 2013

Herrin, IL
“One of the best meals we've ever had!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We loved this place!!! Be sure to make a reservation because they're a small facility but the service was stellar! The manager Greg met us at the door in his suit (nice touch). Audrey the hostess was delightful, we didn't have to wait, we even arrived about 15 minutes early and were seated right away! My husband had the lamb and it was fantastic, I had the chicken francese and it was delicious too! We were a tad disappointed that we couldn't try the baked Alaska because they were out....but the service and food more than made up for it! I have been driving myself crazy trying to think of our waiters name because he was amazing, we sat upstairs in the bar....but just cannot think of it! This was a wonderful dinner, good food and great service. We would definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“cozy local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We ate here with another couple, and were impressed with the quality of food/service. Meatballs were great. The men had a strip steak with blue cheese topping, and even though my husband is not a fan of blue cheese, he said it was one of the best steaks he'd ever had. I had a vegetarian plate, plenty of food, fresh tasting and attractively arranged. Seating was almost a little too cozy, we were elbows to elbows with our fellow diners. They take reservations, honor groupons and participate in restaurant.com. We already have return reservations.

• Visited January 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice food, good service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We ate at Gary's after a UL basketball game last night. We arrived almost 1/2 hour before our reservation and were promptly seated. I had the Chicken Fritter appetizer and it was excellent. My wife said that the Caesar Salad was as good as any that she's ever had. Her Grouper entree was not only tasty, but it was a very striking presentation. My Steak au Poivre was also very pretty. The steak was large and cooked perfectly. The only complaint was that there were too many pink peppercorns in the sauce. It was still very good.

• Visited January 2013
“Great time and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

1st time I had the au pouivre I don't know if it was my pallet but I thought I liked pepper better than that. Although I did have to get it recooked with no problem by me or my server. But they were more than accommodating because I was there for my girlfriends birthday and with her family, yikes but all in all great time.

2nd time was even better. Sat at the bar and and was there for there half off bottle wine night. Very happy with my bison steak and added some scallops so even better. Service was great as well.