“Good Value hotel”

Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #91 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very clean hotel that serves it purpose for a reasonable price. Have no real complaints, a few kids running in halls at midnight but that happens everywhere. All in all a good hotel for the money. Beds sheets were clean and the room was nice sized. I get down to Louisville quite a bit and usually stay at this hotel. It has a strange layout with the rooms typically on the outside of two long wings. But staying here I know what I get so I am ok with it. As long as sheets are clean and rooms look ok I can sleep. I am not a typical traveller that needs all the up to date interior I can't see any of that when I am asleep anyways so what does it really matter? Good hotel though and I hope this helps anyone that travels to Louisville anytime soon looking for an affordable hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for kind words. The goal at The Ramada Plaza Louisville is to be clean and comfortable for our guests, and offer value at appealing rates. The hotel has a lot to offer with 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, arcade, a full service spa, and over 40,000 square feet of meeting space. We have something for everyone!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The rooms were clean looking and beds were comfortable. Has has some updating but it was done sloppy. When I checked in I was informed very rudely that I needed to tell my party that they are not to smoke or have pets other than service animals in their room or my credit card WOULD be charged, we had reservation for 4 rooms. One room smelled like cat pee, one room the power strip that the television was plugged into didn't work, one room was clean and didn't smell but had small problems. First we check in and everyone has their rooms, I walk into my room with the key that they gave me and it had somebody stuff in it. Called down to the desk and they brought me up a key and they had it under the wrong name. The bathroom had no trash can, you had to hold down the handle till it completely flushed, the shower curtain was not installed correctly and would not close completely, and the lamp in the corner had no light bulb. On the second night my keys quit working and they argued with me that it was good and if they couldn't get it to work that they would have to put me in another room till morning cause the maintenance guy was not there at night. They do have a indoor pool but they have a rule of no more than 5 people in the pool at one time or it is a $100 fine. There is no hot tub. The treadmill didn't work the four days we were there and the sauna smelled of urine. One night we had people hanging out in the pool area right under the window yelling and making all types of noise till 3 am. There is no continental breakfast but we were told that they had breakfast for a small fee depending on what you order. I will not recommend this hotel and I will not return.

2  Thank LynnM0575

It sure sounds like you didnt have a good time, and that is not our intention at all. The staff is trained to be pleasant and professional, and to fix any problem that could arise. I am happy to speak with you in regards to your stay, just give me a call.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Cold room. It took hours to warm up the room and the conversation in rooms, I could hear in my room. It smelled and the so called breakfast was terrible. Popcorn ceiling was falling down, the hotel staff was not friendly and the location was terrible to enter and leaving the hotel. Hotel has not had a make over since the 1970"s cold air was coming in the windows. Toilet backed up and not enough electrical sockets. It was just plain terrible. I should have listen to the reviews on this hotel before checking in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

The hotel was renovated in 2011, with new drapery, carpet, flat screen TVs and bedding, and we are always working on the hotel to make it better. The hotel is a little older, but we seek to be clean and comfortable. Our staff has recently undergone service training, and we are always seeking to improve our services.

Thank you for giving us a try.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

After having issues with two rooms because of the inconvenience we were upgraded to a nice suite. Staff was great hotel needs upgrade. Convention facility was A+. Chef was best great food. Would not stay again because of the hotel room conditions.

• Stayed: February 2013
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff and conference center. We do have the best meeting facility with over 40,000 square feet of meeting space and a staff who is passionate about service. We are working hard daily to fix any maintenance problems that we have in the rooms, and certainly only wish the best stay for our guests. Hopefully we made it right for you while you were here, and do hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Was disapointed on the condition of the hotel and the room. It was not as nice as I thought it would be for your reputation. The breakfast was not good. We had better at a Comfort Inn. There was no fruit , toast , decaf coffee, etc...... Would not recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William G

The breakfast here could use a little work, and I appreciate your suggestions. We will add a toast station, and some fruit as well. We also have a brand new menu which is in place this week, which adds some new variety to the menu. The Chef and I read your review and we were inspired to make changes.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The hotel plumbing had issues, which caused the hot water to not function. I had to take a shower in cold water. When I asked for a accommodation I was offered $10 at first which was totally unacceptable. I was given 1/2 of the room rate off.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience with the hot water. We have fixed the problem so it will not affect future guests. We hope you will visit us again soon, and enjoy the many ameneties the hotel as to offer.