“Decent Room, but Property Needs Work” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center

Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #82 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Columbus
“Decent Room, but Property Needs Work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The entryway and lobby had a decent appearance, but when we made the trek back to our room, things really deteriorated. We had to walk through musty hallways, past room after room that had been totally gutted and left in shambles. Despite the condition of those creepy, filthy rooms, it did not appear that any renovation was taking place. The dark, dank hallway and eerie confines brought to mind scenes from The Shining. We continued on past the church that has apparently taken up quarters in the hotel. Elsewhere there appeared to be a hair salon occupying some rooms. A piece of unrecognizable food (my best guess is pizza) that was caked on the stairs remained in its position for the duration of our stay. Finally, near the end of this long journey we arrived at our room. I had become very worried about what would be behind the door, but the room turned out to be surprisingly clean and comfortable. The "Wick's" bar in the hotel provided for some interesting times, what with the children falling asleep near midnight while their besotted mothers belted out karaoke, and the couple running the karaoke equipment who bore a striking resemblence to the old Saturday Night Live skits with the musical couple played by Will Ferrell and Ana Gasteyer. The bartender was very pleasant, however, and presided over the bar with aplomb.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your nice comments on the hotel room. The hotel has been working hard to ensure the rooms are nice for the guests. The hotel does have one section of rooms where renovation is taking place and I think you somehow found that hall. We do have 14 guest entrances, and generally try to show guests the best entrance to park and use so they dont have a long walk to their room or have to walk through that wing being renovated, I certainly apologize if you received poor directions. The hotel does have a barber shop which is open for guests to use, and currently has a spa which will be opening in November which is under construction currently, it will be a beautiful space and will enhance the guest experience here tremendously.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Florence
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I trusted reviews - not on this site - but on expedia and I shouldnt have. This hotel was terrible to say the least. We stayed here for a concert and we got less than what we paid for. The room was dirty (I just cant do hair in a shower that is suppose to be clean) and next to the indoor pool. I didnt sleep at all. After being all day on the rode and then shopping while the guys went to concert, I needed sleep... didnt get it here. Avoid this if you like clean and quite hotels.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and it does not sound like we asked enough questions to correctly assess which room would be the best for your stay. If you were looking for a quiet room, a room by the pool was a bad choice. We do have 4 floors of hotel rooms, and many rooms in nice quiet areas of the hotel. If you would like to reach out to me directly I can set you up with an appropriate room and ensure everything is perfect on your next stay.

Ramada Plaza

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

CIRCLEVILLE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent hotel. I stay here every Friday. I enjoy my stay, have a comfortable stay, and enjoy the staffs' professionalism.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for being a regular guest! I appreciate it! Stop by and say Hi sometime at my office. The hotel just installed 5 new internet access points to improve the wifi connectivity at the property as well as our newest upgrade..let me know how that works!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was a little reluctant to book this hotel due to some negative reviews on this site. But I wanted a place with an indoor pool in that area, and this hotel fit the bill. First off: I understand some of the complaints. For instance, there is a restaurant by the lobby that has live music on the weekends. However, from what I could see, you could not hear the music from any of the guest room. My only other complaint is that there is some unattractive wear and tear. Other than that, the hotel was fine. My girlfriend and I had a great stay there. We were there for five days. We enjoyed the pool on several of those days, and the workout equipment daily. Our room was equipped with a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker, of which we made good use, and all were perfectly functional and fine. The air conditioner/heater was new and quiet and worked quite well for cooling in the day, and heating at night. There is a pizza restaurant/bar and a coffee/breakfast lounge, both of which were perfectly passable for what they are. They are not gourmet restaurants or fine dining facilities. They are places to get food, drink and coffee, and they are perfectly good at providing these services. The pool was big and warm and clean. The atrium area around the pool is lovely. The workers and service people are friendly, helpful and competent. For the price, this hotel was good at what it is, a fairly low-priced hotel with a big, heated, indoor pool. There is a Dairy Queen that essentially shares the property (separated by a tiny wooden walk bridge) so if you like that. . . All in all, it was a very good hotel experience. I would recommend it for travelers on a budget. If I were ever needing to stay in that area, I would certainly return to this hotel

Room Tip: we stayed on the bottom floor on the left side, toward the front desk, Specifically, rm 1111. easy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robertcronk
I am so happy you enjoyed your visit...we did recently install many new air conditioning units, and are working hard every week to continually address some of the wear and tear items in the hotel. We have a great new Executive Housekeeper as well who is working daily to keep the hotel nice and clean! We would love to have you back!

Kingston, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Through some connections we were able to get a good rate for the four of us, 2 children (16/20 yrs old), and my wife and I. Connecting rooms, clean, if a little bit dated, but quite roomy, lots of storage. nice TVs (3 of them, each bedroom plus living room). New aircon, easily controlled so were comfortable all the time. We'll definitely repeat our visit next time we're in Louisville.
Great mattresses, quality sleep. I like firm mattresses and these treated me well.
Didn't try the restaurant, but the coffee was good, and we found the staff to be friendly and competent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time to review us and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Stop in and say hello the next time you in, would love to meet you!