“Friendly, helpful” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“Friendly, helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed during the holidays. It's central location was close to all of our family, restaurants, shopping and entertainment. A great pizza place, Wyck's is practically in the lobby. Staff there were great too.
The staff was accommodating and very friendly. The nice gentleman that checked us in, met us at the door near our room with a luggage carrier, helped load it and brought it to our room!
We found it to be quiet, occasionally one of the heavy door shutting. Granted, it is an older hotel but a good value.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay more than one night, I'd suggest a suite
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Pros: pizza joint (Wick's) on site; arcade on site for kids; nice towels and bath products. Nice bedding, bed well made by staff. Nice flat screen TV. Staff helpful at checkin.

Cons: no hot water in bathroom sink in late evening (both too late and too inconvenient to call to have it fixed at that hour). Bathroom small. Rooms were a long way from check in and pizza place/arcade area. Furniture looked like it had seen better days. Generally dingy feel.

Overall: ok for one night stay passing through at a good discount rate.

• Stayed January 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

The noise level at this hotel makes it impossible to sleep. This cannot be a 2.5 star hotel. Due to the noise levels of banging doors, a large indoor pool in the center of the building that does not seem to have an enforced curfew, screaming clientele and blasting music worthy of prisoner torture status, sleep is not an option. If one parties until they literally pass out then I highly recommend this screamfest.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Louisville hotels

Spencer, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

Booked two rooms for Nov. 12, 2011. Arrived at the hotel and was given one near the pool and one overlooking the parking lot. The amount of noise that the hotel staff allows to go on all hours of the night is appalling.

Adults were allowed to party in the pool area until well after 3am. They were being very loud an very rowdy. Screaming, yelling and cussing loud enough to hear every word even though we were on the 2nd floor and couldn't see the pool outside the window facing the atrium. Not to mention the fact that prior to this the staff allowed a large crowd of children and teenagers to keep the noise at a loud roar until about midnight.

The parking lot side was actually worse. There were 4-5 loud cars. By loud I mean the bass and volume of noise from their stereos were rattling my hotel room windows. These people kept making circles around the parking lot with the occasional burn out from time to time. Just like the in pool area. Here were people yelling, screaming and cussing outside. The shady looking characters with their LOUD stereos stayed in the parking lot till around 5am before leaving. The noise was so loud that I cranked up the fan on the heating/cooling unit in my room to high just to try and drown out the noise outside. It didn't work. The noise was that bad. I felt like I was trying to sleep in the middle of a super bass stereo competition. No I am not "old" or "uptight". This is just the plain and simple truth. The walls and windows were rattling and vibrating till about the time the sun started coming up. I may have gotten about 1-2 hours total sleep because of the exhaustion of being on the road for almost 8 hours.

As for the rooms. They were shoddily renovated at best. The tile in my shower was painted with the paint peeling off. My tub was scroungy. The faucet kept leaking water all night. Electrical cords for laptop and phone kept falling out of the loose sockets. Hallways were shabby and worn out. Windows weren't secure at all. Parts of parking lot were dimly lit. I actually moved my car twice because I wanted it to be closer to my windows due to the folks trolling around the parking lot. Overall worn out and tired hotel trying to give itself a cheap makeover to entice guests.

This place is the epitome of a sketchy hotel in a seemingly ghetto part of town. If you want to stay somewhere that seems secure and want a relaxing and enjoyable stay look elsewhere. If you don't care about people that act like drug dealers trolling around the parking lot and the flimsily secured windows to your room then this is the place for you.

Any place that takes its guests comfort and security seriously would have run these people off or would have called the cops. But neither happened.

I was not alone in my experience every guest that I met leaving the next morning had the same experience and feelings about their stay. Only one person didn't complain much about the noise. That was due to the fact that he had ear plugs to shut out the noise.

If I weren't traveling with my parents and infant niece I would have left this hotel and slept in my car at a rest area. At least it would have been quieter and a little more secure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank missyswishy
Corydon, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Our experience at the Ramada was wonderful! We chose to have our National Sales Meeting at the Ramada for a couple reasons, we are located very close to the hotel, they are the "only" east end hotel that offers an airport shuttle and Wick's was a plus.

Ellen, Mary and Cheryl were great helping us plan our event! Becky, Patrick and Sean at the front desk were life savers! Patrick and Sean helped me maneuver 40 sales people to multiple venues over the two day stay. We had a welcome cocktail event; it was well received by all in attendance. We planned this same in event in 2008 at nearby hotel. Not only did we save half of our budget but we received rave reviews by our sales people. Our sales people really enjoyed Wick’s and the atmosphere that it provides. It Tazza Mia coffee was also a huge hit with our guests. I personally love the chocolate chip cookies!

Room Tip: Ask to be close to the lobby
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Flint, mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed at the Ramada Plaza weekend of October 22 2011. Two high school reunions from the 70s were going on. Not much parking. Some noise in the hall outside the room around 4:00am.

The room was large with 2 queen beds. The flatscreen tv worked well and had lots of channesl to choose from. The bathroom was the main problem here. The toilet was not set right and wobbled (thunk!) every time you got up from it (it least it wasn't leaking). The shower door had been replaced with a curtain, which was too long for the installation. The tiles where the side trim for the shower door had been were patched and painted over, and really shoddy looking. the tiles on the shower wall had been previously painted a different color, and some are peeling.

We got this room for an extremely low price through Priceline, so I can't complain here. The property looks like it was an old Holidome when it was built in the early 70s, and much of the courtyard amenities have been removed.

I think the worst rooms in the hotel are reserved for the low-rate priceline reservations because when you look out into the courtyard, there is a huge, noisy HVAC tower. The rooms were origionally constructed for a quality hotel chain, so the walls and windows are insulated well and are quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

I read the reviews, but braved this place anyway. It's not terrible, but not great, either. We were given a room in the very back of the hotel, away from accessible elevators. This hotel didn't give us any "do not disturb" hangers for the door, so we naturally forgot to put them out. And you can bet the housekeeping kept disturbing us to clean up...as early as 8:30 a.m. Really? Well we couldn't get back to sleep, so we got up and TRIED to take a shower, but it was broken. Not just slightly broken, but clearly busted up in at least three places. Really? Management promised we'd see maintenance, which didn't show up...about 45 minutes later we left. No one offered another room for us to take showers. We got the run around. This was Saturday, Oct. 15th. Whoever was managing the place didn't seem to care that we wanted to clean up. "We'll talk to the GM and see what can be done about this." I still haven't heard anything... The only good thing about this place: the bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple