“Fast take out”

Aspen Creek Grill
Ranked #114 of 1,757 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coxs Creek, Kentucky
“Fast take out”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a carry out order and sat at the bar for a beverage while I waited. Bartender was friendly, and take out for a ribeye and shrimp grits was quick.

However, when I arrived home with our meal, steak was cooked well done, instead of desired medium rare. This left the husband hungry for the rest of the night. He described the steak as leather and low seasoning. He could tell the steak had been weighed to cook faster, thus lost all of its juices to. On the other hand, the shrimp and grits were delicious.

Be sure to check for availability of some menu items, the website has not been updated.

1 Thank KayCoat

Bardstown, Kentucky
“Great food,great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at Aspen Creek several times and have enjoyed our meals there. The food is great, priced reasonably and we never have to wait for a table. They offer call ahead seating so we usually take advantage of that and we've never had to wait. The staff is friendly and fast. The only complaint I have is they do not offer baked potatos on the menu.

• Visited August 2013
“FOOD ISN'T GREAT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at 'Aspen Creek' multiple times & never really enjoyed the food. The queso & chips are good but I can't just eat that. I've eaten different things each time & haven't liked them. This is my review ~JudgeFoody101~ !

• Visited February 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Just Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Heard good things about it, great reviews on TA so we went to check it out. I agree with the reviewer that said it's Cheddars meets Buckhead. That's just what the interior of the restaurant reminded me of. We got there at 5:30 and there was no wait. Service was good, prices were good, and it started off good - got a happy hour margarita for $3 that was a good size. Don't think there was much alcohol in it, but it tasted pretty good. My side salad was really good. But dinner left a lot to be desired. I ordered chicken tenders and fries, the chicken was tiny and tasted like the frozen kind you get from Tyson at the store. Fries were just ok. Husband ordered fish and fries, he said it was just ok. My mom got the carnivore pizza, and she liked it but it was swimming in grease, didn't look good at all. Won't be back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wynterwed
Louisville, Kentucky
“nice family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

great bar, good food, good prices. the wait times are sometimes ridiculous but they have a nice feature where you can call ahead, which means you can walk right in and be seated.

my only complaint is the way the restaurant is set up - some of the aisles are narrow and the kitchen doors are in an odd place so sometimes you end up in a tight situation with a server that might bowl you down.

• Visited March 2013