“Excellent Steak House - Cooked PERFECTLY”

Eddie Merlot's Louisville
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,813 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I went there with friends in January. We're all somewhat foodies, so we know good Steak!

3 of us ordered the 16oz Bone-In Filet Mignon. Three different temp. request, all cooked perfectly. Delicious.
Another ordered Veal. Thick and very tender chop, also delicious The sides were also very well prepared. Drinks were pretty good, from what we tried.

We found the service very good. I don't know what the other complaints were about, but I would highly recommend going there, and plan on going back.

It is a little pricey, but I think a fair value for the food. The 16oz Bone-In Filet was $59. But again, an excellent steak, so worth it.

Only negative? - French Onion Soup. Not bad, but not great. Personally I think Panera Bread has a better French Onion. (Although, admittedly, Panera's French Onion is pretty tasty).

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Went to Eddie merlot's on a business trip. Got a seat at the bar as I was by myself. It was an unusually cold night for Louisville. I'd advise not sitting near the door. Even though it was a revolving door to was cold at the center of the bar. I moved to one end to be a bit warmer. I started off with a Manhattan (have to get a bourbon drink in L-ville, right?). That was a good starter. Went with the caesar salad which was good. Had the 14oz NY strip and hash brown potatoes. Here was the mistake....my steak ordered medium rare came out well done. I did have some difficulty getting the bartenders attention. It took 5-10min for him to see me trying to get his attention. When he came by he completely agreed with the over cooked assessment. It literally only took them 5min to get me a new steak that was cooked properly. 5min after that the manager made it a point to stop by stating he heard about the issue an if the new meal was correct which it was. A simple thing like quick action and manager follow up goes a long way with me. Of course, I'd like it right the first time, and incorrectly cooking a steak at a steak house is a no-no so no 5 star trying. But the way everyone handled it was appropriate. The steak was good but the peppercorn sauce was just ok. A little pasty in texture. Had a couple glasses if Cab and they honored my request for a taste before ordering. Finished with a Cognac. Pretty good overall and basically across the street from the Seelbach Hilton where I was staying.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Recently went for a nights out with friends. First the restaurant was freezing. Went to order appetizers and found that our favorite (blue cheese chips) has been removed from the menu. Service was slow and unattentive. Then when ordering dinner, other favorite sides had been removed from the menu. Food was lukewarm and steaks were average. Not worth the money? Will go to Jeff rubys or Ruth Chris next time as they never disappoint.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Party of 3 with tip $386 with $35 bottle of wine...not an everyday experience but everything excellent except my son's NY strip? Surprising since known for their steaks. Service excellent, atmosphere nice but noisy.. Would recommend for special occasion.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Recently went to Eddie Merlot's for dinner. We tried a smattering of family style sides, the fish special of the night and a filet mignon. At a steak house the filet mignon should be one of the most flavorful cuts available….it should represent the best of what the restaurant has to offer.

Well, at Eddie Merlot’s expect to receive a dried out, over cooked filet that lacks any flavor.

The lobster Mac N Cheese tasted bland, the brussel sprouts lacked any imagination and the Tempura Beans were barely edible.

I could go on and on, but why bother. Don’t waste your money on bad food and a mediocre atmosphere. Looking for better food and a fun atmosphere, try Jeff Ruby’s!