“Pricey, but good..”

Eddie Merlot's Louisville
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,813 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Party of 3 with tip $386 with $35 bottle of wine...not an everyday experience but everything excellent except my son's NY strip? Surprising since known for their steaks. Service excellent, atmosphere nice but noisy.. Would recommend for special occasion.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Recently went to Eddie Merlot's for dinner. We tried a smattering of family style sides, the fish special of the night and a filet mignon. At a steak house the filet mignon should be one of the most flavorful cuts available….it should represent the best of what the restaurant has to offer.

Well, at Eddie Merlot’s expect to receive a dried out, over cooked filet that lacks any flavor.

The lobster Mac N Cheese tasted bland, the brussel sprouts lacked any imagination and the Tempura Beans were barely edible.

I could go on and on, but why bother. Don’t waste your money on bad food and a mediocre atmosphere. Looking for better food and a fun atmosphere, try Jeff Ruby’s!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I suppose I'm getting more fussy with each restaurant in which I dine, so perhaps it's not EM's fault. But it's no secret I was disappointed. Yet, I'll start with the positive: the escargot. Lots of butter and garlic, light and fluffy pastry. And the atmosphere (oversized artwork, dim lighting, and coordinated dress code) lends itself to that high-class feeling. But with the prices ($59 prime rib, sides extra), I expected more. I ordered mine medium and got it medium rare...and the service - we sat for at least 10 minutes between app and main dish. Very little eye contact from the waiter after he got bigger tables to serve. He didn't say 'thanks' for dining with them, and seemed ungrateful for our business. We needn't dine there again. They should take a lesson from my favorite high-class place, Perla, in San Juan!!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our party of four had dinner here last night.
The pros....
nice place. well decorated and nice clean table linens.
great wine selection...gave me a taste of two wines
portion sizes were adequate
good selection of fish for non-meat eaters
I shared a seafood appetizer and then had a salad and it was plenty of food.
good location downtown.
The cons....
Food was unimaginative.
Lackadaisical staff. Seemed to be going through the motions.
Food was a bit pricey.
SUMMARY
If you are looking for a downtown white tablecloth place with nice atmosphere, this is a reasonable selection and I would go. If you are looking for fine dining with interesting creative cuisine and excellent staff, you could do better.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stumbled into Eddie Merlot's without reservations, and ended up dining in the bar area. It turned out to be a good thing, as we really enjoyed the live music.

We ordered from the dinner menu (not the bar menu). The escargot was delicious...plenty of butter and garlic, light fluffy pastry. We also had the New York Strip.....cooked perfectly with the peppercorn sauce on the side. We had the Eddie's Potatoes as our side order...yummmm. Au gratin potatoes with a kick!

We'll definitely be back.