“Great food, great wine, great service!”

Eddie Merlot's Louisville
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,821 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a terrific meat at Eddie Merlot's! We shared a Chateaubriand which was perfectly cooked and carved tableside by our amazing server, Sarah.

I have seen some review that complain about the wine prices but I think you can find an amazing wine for a good price here - of course it's more than at the store but that is to be expected.

We came back the next night for some delicious Ahi Tuna Wontons - Yum!

It is expensive but the food, atmosphere and service were worth it!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The food is absolutely excellent. Very high quality and same price range you would expect from a great steak house. I actually don't eat beef but went for my husband. He had a very good filet mignon and I had the grouper. My fish was cooked expertly with very nice light sauce. I really enjoyed it. We both shared the chopped salad and it was fabulous. Two tips - make a reservation and request a booth if that's your preferred seating because booths go fast and make sure the waiter knows if you are limited for time. Our waiter asked and we said we were fine but I think it signaled them to really take their time and so it made the dinner a bit drawn out...a better way to handle might be to say you aren't in a hurry but you are HUNGRY - that might keep them moving a bit faster. (the waiters are talkers...) this is a great restaurant all around.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Ate here the other night and was highly disappointed in the food. Steaks did not taste like there was any seasoning on them, baked potato was burned or old one. I enjoy dining at restaurants such as steakhouse like Eddie's for special occasions, but I will more than likely not return.

An add on of king crab cost $30 and we were served one half of a large king crab leg I'm guessing was 1/2 since that's what we were told. I'm familiar with snow crab, and king crab just was not good to me.

Bananas foster desert is amazing, and cooked tableside. Lobster bisque was very flavorful and was not too rich. The bisque was pure perfection.

Service was spectacular, but seemed a little slow. Server conversated for long periods of time with other tables. This caused bar drinks to take longer to come out than expected, or bartender was not up to par. We did not sit in bar area to observe his or her skills. On the other hand, fifty shades martini is delicious.

For the price of this steakhouse, I felt a little uneased as I bit into my first piece of filet. On a good note, sides such as Mac and cheese and brussel sprouts were quite tasty however.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

No words can do justice to a magnificent dining adventure. It was fabulous. Thanks Michael, you did a great job.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I eat at steak houses all over the country and I can tell you this one is in my top 5. I had the filet with a side of the best creamed spinach I ever had. I cant wait to come back!!

1  Thank Furnman61

Been to Eddie Merlot's Louisville? Share your experiences!