“Nice atmosphere”

Eddie Merlot's Louisville
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,767 Restaurants in Louisville
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Evansville, IN
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This restaurant had a nice atmosphere. We dined in the lounge area. I had fish that was really good. My husband's steak was good. The salad was fabulous!

Visited July 2012

Shanghai Region, China
“Pass”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went there late (is 10:30 late?) last Saturday night. Took a seat at the bar and waited and waited and waited. One bar keep kept passing by carrying dirty dishes and glasses but never acknowledged us. After the third time of being ignored we left. No service

Visited August 2012
3 Thank eaglestar
Louisville, Kentucky
“Don't expect it to be Morton's.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everything we had was good. Nothing was great, though. I am comparing our experience at Eddie M's to Morton's because they are similar in cost and menu. Our appetizer, an articihoke dip, had melted cheddar on top that had congealed and made it difficult to eat. Parmesan would have been a better choice. The Wagyu steak I had was excellent quality. It should be though because it's $65 a la carte, but It was too salty for my taste. My wife loved her beef bourguignon. The sides were where I felt Morton's clearly surpassed Eddie's. We had macaroni and cheese that our waitress said was her favorite side. It was good, just not exceptional. The creamed spinach had way too much nutmeg in it. Morton's and Jeff Ruby's both make way better creamed spinach. That is one of my favorite side dishes and I wouldn't order it again, if I went back. The Red Velvet Cupcake was exceptional.

• Visited August 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Business dinner - would surely go back.”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Visited on business and dined with our local counterparts. They dine their often. Very surprised at the quality of both the steak and seafood. While I figured the steak would be good, the seafood was also very good - didn't expect that in the Midwest until someone mentioned that Louisville is a UPS hub and so it is flown in daily. We had a mixed seafood appetizer for the table - oysters, lobster, shrimp, tuna, and crab legs. I'd also suggest going with the waiter's recommendations as they directed us to the right choices. Dessert was HUGE - the piece of carrot cake could feed 6 easily, maybe more! I'd definitely go back on my next visit.

• Visited July 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Food great! Waiter, John wanted to go home:(”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading several reviews we decided we needed to try Eddie Merlot's. We love good food and doesn't bother us to pay for a good meal and great wine. WIth that said the food was excellent but John our server rushed us through the entire meal. I repeatedly said we are in no hurry give us a minute but that didn't matter to him. He took the sauce for the ap. while I was using it! The entire night went like this, can't tell you about desert because we got a check, never offered. As you can tell very frustrated with John the waiter, but must give credit food was good and could have been a romantic evening if we weren't the last table. We sat at 7:45. Guess all are early eaters! My favorite John says"You all are big eaters to be so small".

• Visited July 2012