“In no way possible was this place worth the price & hype”

Eddie Merlot's Louisville
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,860 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Description: At Eddie Merlot’s hospitality and the comfort of our guests are our highest mission; we pledge to provide the finest service, highest quality foods, in world class facilities for our guests to enjoy a memorable experience. Eddie Merlot’s features USDA Prime Aged Beef, fresh seafood, and many other offerings including an extensive wine list. Eddie Merlot’s starts with Prime beef, only 2% of all U.S. beef is awarded this certification. We age it for a minimum of 21 days, to an unparalleled standard of tenderness and flavor. The chef selects each piece, before hand-cutting and seasoning the thick, tender and juicy steaks to your specifications, then to seal in the flavor, we flash-sear your steak on our special high-heat grills. Our from scratch kitchen crafts everything fresh daily from dressings and sauces to appetizers, sides, and desserts. Come and enjoy an “Exceptional Experience”.
Reviewed October 5, 2011

An old business friend invited me to dinner & they chose this place. I was excited since the inflight mag had it listed in the top 10 steakhouses in America..lol! Being fr metro NY, I know Luger's, Sparks & the Palm so I was interested. I knew something was up when they were out of bleu cheese olives for the martinis. The wagyu ribeye was so over salted it reminded me if being @ an Outback. Someone else had an oversalted steak as well & for $51 dollars as we say in my neck of the woods"forgeddaboutit" the bloody Mary they highly praise was also horrible..new bartender they told me. To be fair the bleu cheese chips were good & so was the lobster mac&cheese @ $19. The Oregon Pinot we ordered was very good & should have been for $124/bottle. In summary, never believe an inflight mag.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We went to Eddie Merlot's for our anniversary and it was great! We have been to Morton's and Ruths Chris before, and in my opinion, Eddie Merlot's far exceeds them with both service and food.

1  Thank staceebeebee
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We went on the way to the theater for a romantic dinner and was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was a busy Art Deco and quite a change from the old Rhodes clothing store. Food highlights were the Salmon entree and the farm to table heirloom gazpacho. Actually, the best bargain and taste were the Ahi Tina wontons.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had to try it and compare to Morton's, Jeff Ruby's and Ruth's Chris. Sorry, but Morton's is still our favorite. The meal was good, no doubt about it. Steak was done perfectly. Ordered the shrimp scampi for two, flamed at the table. Server dropped one on the floor. Said he would get one of their stuffed shrimps delivered with our entre but it never came. Offered us a dessert but they didn't have anything we wanted. Took $4.00 off the bill....excuse me, but 6 shrimp for $26 = $4.33 each. Not a big deal, but not very good customer service in my opinion. The wife felt the ceasar dressing was to "vinegary" but I liked it. Lyonaise potatos appeared fried rather than sauted and had little onion and no bacon...just a taste thing since we're used to Morton's. The house merlot tasted good but you get less than 1/4 of a glass for $9. At Morton's we get the Steak & Seafood for Two at $119 and we always have enough left over for a full meal the next day, including one of the two legendary chocolate cakes. We won't be back.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

The soft shelled crabs, ahi tuna, and sea bass were all wonderful. As for the steak, it amazes me that a steakhouse charging $50 per order can not prepare a filet as requested.
The meat was visibly overcooked when served. The service was friendly and attentive if not a little intrusive. The decor was stylish but the room itself felt like a big box with little architectural interest. There are definitely better restaurants in Louisville with much more reasonable rates.

1  Thank DTLouisville