“Good Tex-Mex in Louisville, KY”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #73 of 1,827 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Opened in the Oxmoor Shopping Center, in the location formerly inhabited by Bahama Breeze.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've read where their building used to be a Caribbean restaurant so it was most likely an easy transition for this Austin, TX based Mexican chain restaurant. The atmosphere was festive upon entering, noisy but comfortable.

We started with two Chile Con Queso appetizers. It was cheesy & creamy with all the individual ingredients complimenting each other. Dipping @ it's best!. Next came the entrees with chile rellenos, enchiladas, & fajitas filling our table. The batter on these plump, tasty rellenos was a bit greasy making the ranchero sauce best served on the side instead of covering everything up. The enchiladas were very good. They were stuffed with cheese & onions, the traditional way, & smothered with ranchero/Tex-Mex sauce. The sauce was our choice since they have seven different ones to choose from. Next came the fajitas. They were sizzling & delicious. Marinated chunks of beef & chicken cooked with onions & peppers on flour tortillas & the traditional sides of refried beans & rice. They have a good selection of deserts but since their portions are good-sized, we didn't order anything else. Good beer & Margarita selections. Great for kids & special occasions.

If you don't mind large crowds & the noise that's associated with them, Chuy's is a nice respite. Good food, comfortable setting, & reasonable prices.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We ate at Chuy's on a Saturday night while staying in Louisville. I had heard so much about eh great food at this restaurant, so I was excited to try the food. Chips and salsa were brought to us as soon as we entered and were seated. The chips were thin and crispy and the salsa was average. We order a side of cheese dip, which was smooth and very flavorful. We were a group of six and the noise was so loud it was very difficult to talk to each other during dinner. I had the chili relleno, which was cooked fine but, the batter bit on the greasy side. My husband and other order the "big as your head burrito", which was indeed big. Our service was prompt for such a busy night. I watched some of the staff hand press and grill the tortilla's right in front of the kitchen area. I will return again, maybe at a more quiet time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

1st time we have been to Chuy's. The place is full of interesting items. Courtney showed us all the different sauces and they were all awesome! The chips and all the sauces were great and I asked Courtney to get me a burrito and for her to put on the sauces that she recommended and I was not disappointed. She was very attentive to our needs and very nice. Mine and my wife’s meals were great! After the meal, one of the mangers Andree came over and asked how everything was, and we had a good chat about Chuy’s, Super nice guy! I just can’t say enough about how happy we were.
We will defiantly be back for more

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The food was great and we were offered patio seating on a busy Saturday night to keep us from waiting too long. The service was good and we got our food quickly.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We go to chuys about once month if not more often. The food has been great every single time. Their salsa, jalapeño ranch and quest are outstanding! If you like food with some spice the chicka chicka boom boom is great. We have always had great service as well.