“Local is Much Better Than Chain”

Mrs. Potter's Coffee Lounge & Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dayton, Ohio
“Local is Much Better Than Chain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm not sure what Mrs. Potter's secret is, but I loved her coffee.

This cute coffee house is a few steps away from the hotel where I stayed in Louisville. It was great for a mid afternoon pick me up and then breakfast the next day.

I came for the coffee, but stayed for the staff. Often times local coffee houses can come with a little attitude. Not this one. The staff members I met were friendly and engaging. I gots lots of tips for what to do while I was in town.

The best tip I got was to come back for breakfast. Which I did.

I can't wait to get to Louisville again.

Visited August 2012

Muncie, Indiana
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice atmosphere, great food, perfect place to grab a quick bite while seeing the sites in Louisville.

Visited September 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Stopped on a whim, glad we did”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My mom and I ate lunch here Saturday on a whim. We were downtown, headed to another restaurant, when we saw the menu for this place. It looked good, so in we went. What a fabulous choice. We split the antipasto platter (yum), spinach and atrichoke dip (best we've ever had, and we've eaten many), and the prosciotto & fig panini (awesome). Prices were very reasonable, our total with tip was $13 each (no drinks). The only negative was the peppers on the antipasto platter which my mom said were not good as they were too large and thus chewy (I don't eat them). Definitely stop by if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
St. Louis, Missouri
“Friendly waitresses, great cappucinos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stopped by to get a coffee and peruse our laptop. Let me tell you the waitresses were about the friendliest around, and the cappucino with one shot of chocolate with incredible.

A mom and her daughters came in after us and sat down to dinner, and I overheard them they how great the salads were.

Clean restaurant, great service, nice waitresses. I would defnitely come back when in the area.

• Visited September 2012
Illinois
“Not your average cafe'”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This cafe' has an artsy vibe; kind of an industrial loft feel. Our dining experience was a little different from other reviewers. We received excellent service. Granted, the restaurant was only half full and it was likely after the lunch time rush.

Our kids really enjoyed the sweet tea, but did not like their quesadillas mainly because of the spinach tortillas. When we asked if there were any other tortillas, they said no; I found the lack of variety a little strange. On my part, my husband and I enjoyed our food; he had the apple bacon quesadilla. The sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing on my salad was excellent. When I inquired about it, they said it was made from scratch on the premises.

Overall, the food was good (adults liked it; kids didn't), ambiance was different, and the service was great!

• Visited July 2012