“mcMillian & jess”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 183 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

McMillan & jess were my tour guides they were nice and showed alot of exitment doing their job i am 13 i enjoyed it my fave trip to hell then the scenic zip

Jennifer Q, Social media manager at Louisville Mega Cavern, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

So glad to hear that you had a good time! Hope we see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,440)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I have zip lined several places and we thought this was one of the best! We felt very safe. Macmillan and Jess were super guides. They gave us some interesting history about the caves and also really made it fun. I don't think this would be the best place to zip line if you've never done it. Some of the heights you encounter are more scary due to the fact that it is dark. Again, though, I felt very safe and we had a blast. Wear long pants, long sleeve shirts and a sweatshirt for sure. We want to go back and do the tram ride sometime as it goes through a different part of the cavern

Thank you for your review! We love hearing what folks think who have been zip lining other places as well! Good tip! The cavern stays at approximately 56 degrees year round so pants and a sweatshirt are certainly recommended for the tour.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Had to go underground to have this much fun on long zip lines!!! Guides were a lot of fun and kept us safe but fun too!!! One line is about 900 ft. Long and the last line is 85 ft. above the cave floor that last step is up there !!!

Great to hear that you enjoyed your underground zip line experience! Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I took my 15 and 12 year old sons on the underground zip lines. We had an absolute blast. The caves we zip line in are expansive and from 100 feet in the air the views while zip lining in the dark are far greater then I could have imagined. Is the best 80 bucks you'll spend in Louisville.
Ask for Dillion and Groger to be your guides. They are brilliant.

Thank you for your review! So glad that you enjoyed your zipline tour!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Let me preface this review by saying that I have zip lined all over the world in places like Hawaii, Mexico, and several Caribbean islands. So I have a very high expectation when I go zip lining. With that being said, this was definitely a unique experience because it is all underground, which is something I have never done before. Let me warn you that it is VERY CHILLY in the cavern. I wore a sweatshirt and I was still freezing. So come prepared, especially you ladies and children. The zip lines were decent in length and they provided a great adrenaline rush. Our group was HUGE with 14 people plus our guides. So it took a very long time to have everyone zip. There was a ton of standing around waiting. Plus we had several people who were very afraid of heights and caused major delays. Our guides were JJ and Matt and they were very entertaining throughout the tour. However, I wish they would've told us more about the cavern. I felt like there were so many opportunities where they could've told us interesting things and historical information, but they just continued to make jokes instead. Fortunately, we are college students so we were able to receive a very discounted price, but be warned that it is very expensive especially on weekends. It was definitely worth the $50/person that we spent but I'm not sure that it's worth $70+/person for those who can't get a student or military discount. But like I said, it was definitely a fun afternoon, and I would recommend trying it once in your life because it's really cool to be 80 feet underground and flying through the air attached to wires.

Thank you for your review. It means a lot coming from someone as experienced at Ziplines as you are. I have passed along your request for more history and interesting information to the zip line manager. Thanks for the suggestion!

Been to Louisville Mega Cavern? Share your experiences!