Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 184 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I took my boyfriend as a Christmas gift and he loved it. We are in our 20s but there were people of all ages there who were doing the ropes course and having fun. It was very safe and even though I was worried at first, the guides explanation made me feel better and there was always a guide or two watching out over everyone. It was lots of fun and I was up there for over 2 hours having a blast. The price was a bit steep, but it might be worth it for a splurge or do like I did and wait till they have a special on Groupon.

P.S. its pretty warm in the cave, so don't worry about dressing for the weather. I wore two pairs of pants and was way too sweaty.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,444)

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I recently visited the Mega Cavern for the Zip-Line tour and it was AWESOME!! My guides, Alyssa and David were the best. I felt safe the entire time and they were funny too!! I will be back!

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I thought would be a fun time and we were right. The price would be a little steep for the experience if you paid full price, but we found a groupon-like discount at dining discoveries. I have to say the guides made the trip, but the zip lines were just as much fun. There were 5 zip lines and two suspension bridges. The zip lines were very cool and set in an even more unique scenery. It's well worth the visit!!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Took our family of 4. Had a great time. But let me tell you as a 52 year old parent, this is a lot of exercise. I was sore for 4 days afterwards. My daughters age 18 & 22 were home from college and loved it. You can use the course for as long as you want. They have a table section and a snack bar with cold drinks. Believe me after a hour you will need a cold drink. Well worth the money.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My grand kids ages 9 and 11 loved this course. Many adults were also there. The staff were very helpful and watchful keeping the adventurers safe. The safety equipment was outstanding. The clips are made so that only one can be opened at a time. Gloves and hardhats with lights are also provided. The kids get warm so dress in layers.The cavern stays around 60 degrees.

There are 2 zip lines in the course as well as rope ladders and other moving walkways.

Been to Louisville Mega Cavern? Share your experiences!