“MegaQuest”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 176 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Post Falls, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MegaQuest”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Did MegaQuest with 11, 9, and 6 year-old. Lots of fun and I think the attraction provided an introduction to basic mountaineering skills and a fair bit of exercise. Always good to get the little ones moving. The three hours flew by and we didn’t want the time to end. The MegaQuest course includes a pair of small zip lines which were a blast and gave the kids incentive to work through the course.

One employee (wish I remembered his name) was really stellar the rest were merely okay. Is a bit expensive but in the end a very worthwhile experience I would recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lights Under Louisville has become a family tradition during the holidays!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

This attraction is on our family's must do during the holidays. It is rated as one of the top ten light attractions in the USA. You drive yourself through the lighted caverns. Each area is a specific theme such as fairy tales, patriotic symbols, religious scenes, and many others. All are synchronized to specific music. Something new is added every year. Would highly recommend it.

Visited November 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mega Zips”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Zack and Cricket as guides were awesome.......I was pretty apprehensive with doing the zip lines but they kept it light and fun......Had a great time!

2 Thank MEB1212
Indianapolis, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice holiday outing but tad expensive”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We went to see the holiday lights in the cavern. Was a great display of lights and music, but the price per carload is steep. Maybe more worth it if had more than 5 people in a car but for a couple, not sure it is worth the price of admission. the route through the lighted trail is 1.5 miles which goes very fast, so that added to our feeling of not being worth the price. If you go, squeeze as many as you can in the car to make it worth it.

4 Thank IssabeauHawke
Shelbyville, KY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Bad experience, very unfair policy”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We made reservations for my daughter's sweet 16 birthday party to take 8 girls zip lining on a Friday evening (Dec 6th) after school. I was to pick the girls up from school and head immediately to Mega Cavern in order to get in on the last time of the day. We live about 40 miles from the property. I paid $600 up front for this as is their policy. Day of the reservation; schools were closed due a coming ice storm. I called the place and asked what we could work out and was told they have a "no cancellation due to weather" policy. I tried to explain that I didn't feel safe driving other people's children that far in the weather predicted, could I please pay a rescheduling fee? No, Could I speak to an owner? No. What was the owner's name? Tom. Tom what? We aren't allowed to give that out. Google provided the name Tyler. The other two owners are Don Tyler and Jim Lowry. The storm hit, about 3, our reservations were for 5, the Ky State Police were warning people to stay off the roads. Accidents were everywhere. Mega Cavern's big argument was that since their facility was underground the weather doesn't affect them. Unfortunately, unless you are within walking distance that doesn't hold true for the rest of us. So bottom line: I'm out $600. Nothing to show for it! My daughter and her friends are mega disappointed. Mega Caverns = MEGA RIP OFF!!!

46 Thank KyBuckeye

Been to Louisville Mega Cavern? Share your experiences!