“Awesome Zipping Time”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 182 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The zip line experience was very cool! Our guides Jordan & Dylan made the experience that much better! I would do it again in a heart beat! Zippin!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

So easy to find. Such a thrilling experience!! Chris and JJ were knowledgeable and made our experience that much better! Awesome guides! Keep up the good work Mega Cavern!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Very fun great staff and lots of great fun coming back for more fun!!!!
Brent and Alec were awesome tour guides keep up the great work!!!!!!:)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

On my first day of summer vacation (I'm a teacher in California), I decided to join my married son who was training in Louisville for a new job. I'm 65, but I thought I'd be a good sport and try this adventurous #1 Trip Advisor pick--because I knew it was something my son would enjoy. For some reason, I thought it was one zip-line; I worried about it all day. They started out with a demonstration run, so I wasn't afraid anymore. We did 6 zip-lines in the cavern, and each one got more challenging--and fun! They even had a Wi-Fi hot spot on about the 4th zipline--and my son face-timed with his kids and showed them pictures! It was SO much fun--and a hundred times better than I had imagined. Max and Mallory, 2 competent college students, were awesome. You can skip the tram tour of the cavern, however; it was kind of stupid.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our family visited Louisville Mega Cavern in June 2013 to zipline on the only underground zipline! Our experience was fantastic! My husband and I took our three children, ages 12, almost 10 and 9 on the adventure with us. My 12 year old and I had been on the adventure once before with a school group. It was such a good experience that we wanted to bring the rest of our family back to experience it with us. The first time we zipped, we had a very knowledgeable guide, Greg. When we returned to zip with the rest of our family, our guides, Scott and Zack, were again very knowledgeable and cognizant of all safety issues. Zip lining in this manner is considered an extreme sport, but with the state of the art equipment and excellent guides at the Mega Cavern, we were ensured a totally safe, yet exhilarating experience! Our guides also provided lots of historical information on this extremely interesting cavern and its other uses. There is also an hour long tram journey available for those who would like to experience the Mega Cavern, but cannot make the trip via zip line. I would highly recommend this action packed experience for families and others who love the thrill of challenging (but safe!) adventure.

Been to Louisville Mega Cavern? Share your experiences!