“Very informative, exciting adventure.”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 182 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Today we had four members of our group who went ziplining in the Mega Caverns. It was fantastic for them all. A friend from Boston wanted to repeat it as soon as it was over, and there are five lines! I cannot handle heights at all, so while they did their thing, I went on a tour of the Caverns. It was quite Interesting and while much tamer, I enjoyed it a lot.

There are newer reviews for Louisville Mega Cavern

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Josh and Saylor had us laughing our way through the caverns! They were fantastic guides. The zip lines and bridges were just exhilarating enough for our group. Wonderful trip! We will definitely return.

1  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stopped in here while we were on vacation in Louisville and it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip! Our guides, Josh and Brandon were informative, definitely concerned about safety AND having a good time and pretty funny also!

Make sure you make a reservation in advance- we had planned on going the night before and they were all booked, so we called ahead and got ourselves tickets for first thing the next morning.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Unique 'cavern' not a a cave. Good info/friendly guides while touring. You ride their tram. Close to (actually UNDER!) the Zoo. Have a 'you drive thru' Xmas display in season, and zipline rides during the year. Will return.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stopped here on the way to Gatlinburg, TN for our honeymoon. We both had a blast! I had never zip lined before and really liked that I didn't have to stop myself. Our guides were Justin and Kyle...they are AWESOME! Both of these guys were very entertaining and made our zip line experience that much better! Looking forward to coming back!