“Big Fun Underground”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 182 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been zip lining before, but never in a cave. The guides were very funny and knowledgeable; they made the tour really fun. I also liked that you didn't have to worry about braking as I did on other tours in Mexico and the Caribbean.

There are newer reviews for Louisville Mega Cavern

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The kids loved it and raved about it to me all the way home. I know they would have loved to ride the ziplines but that just would have been too much for 150 kids! They all want to come back and visit again. The history of this cavern is quite impressive. I recommend this for any visit to Louisville.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Alicia & Chris were great guides telling us some of the history of the caverns. Zip lines were lots of fun even for someone like me that is scared of heights and of falling. The "bunny" line at the beginning made me feel safe and ready for the real thing. You zip along so fast its hard to take in the geological formations of the cave. This is the first time I had done something like this and I highly recommend it. We didn't realize what was in the underground of our city. Hope to come back to check out the Christmas light tour. Price is well worth the experience and sharing the experience with my family.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is especially fun in October when decorated for Halloween and you drive your car through! Great for the young and older crowds.

Trey M, Director of Sales at Louisville Mega Cavern, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I just wanted to clarify that we do not have a drive-thru Halloween event. You are more than likely referring to Lights Under Louisville. This is annual event, which will run November 16, 2012 through December 30, 2012. Thanks for visiting us in the past and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a great time. We were fortunate to meet Don, one of the owners, right at the front gate. He was so excited to greet and welcome us. From that point on it was all smiles and a fun time. Saylor and Lindsey were our guides and they showed professionalism, a thorough understanding and explanation of the cavern and the zip lining experience, and above all, safety for all of us that were in the group. It's a real neat experience and we will do it again in the future.