“Zip zip zip zip!”

Louisville Mega Cavern
Ranked #1 of 182 things to do in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Went to celebrate a friends birthday at Mega Zips and it was great! The guides (Dylan n Lindsey) were great. Even though I've zipped before at another locale, I still have an intense fear of heights. Safety was incredible and guides very supportive when one gets a bit nervous. Highly recommend. Would like to have a frequent flyer discount since i'm local and plan on repeat trips! :-)

There are newer reviews for Louisville Mega Cavern

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Even with my extreme fear of heights, I was coached and gently encouraged to complete the entire zip tour; including the Footbridge, which I was deathly afraid of doing. Mike and Dave were amazing guides and when the adventure was over, I felt wonderful. After you find the courage to have faith in the equipment you are wearing and finally step off the edge of each launch pad, the wind and the sounds in the cave make you forget your fear of heights. My family and I completed the adventure together and although we each had a moment of fear to overcome, the end result was told in the picture of each of us smiling from ear-to-ear. I want to go again!

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I went we got certificates at Dining Discoveries online so it only cost $12.50 for both of us. We learned quite a bit of information about how they were going to use part of the cavern for people of Louisville and surrounding areas to come and stay until it was safe to leave.

1  Thank Michele W
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Mega Cavern is an interesting place to visit. The tram tour is okay, educational and you got a good history of the Cavern. It's a little dated and I think the owners could improve on it. I was with a school group - middle schoolers/high schoolers - and they were a little bored. The zip lining sounds amazing, but unfortunately we did not have time to do that. The tour guides were very courteous and friendly.

1  Thank Elms4
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We came to Kentucky for a national archers tournament. This is our second year so we wanted something new to do. The Mega Caverns took the top award! Our guides Dave and Schuler were very informative and fun, but with safety always first. Only 4 of us tried it this year but if our archers make it back to the tournament next year I know many more of them and their families will come for the zip lines. So very glad we did it!