“Don't waste your time or money!”
Review of Danger Run

Danger Run
Ranked #26 of 39 Fun & Games in Louisville
More attraction details
Owner description: A scavenger hunt styled Halloween attraction game in which you and your friends solve clues to find your way to haunted houses included with your admission! The object of the game is to make as few mistakes as possible to accumulate the correct mileage on your car and survive the haunted houses! Those that have the closest to the exact mileage will make it to the Danger Run Finals and compete for the title of Danger Run Champ!
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

First we drove over an hour from Indiana. We had 2 adults and four teen agers in our van. This run is way over hyped! We were in no hurry and drove very slow. The directions were very confusing at several points and we back tracked. Like the take 1 4 & "O", this is where we got lost. And once you are lost there is no going on. Each step builds off last. We said to heck with the run and went to "Cobb's Maze" what a joke! We walked around a corn field for about 30min by ourselves only seeing about 6 spookers! Come on Really, you gotta be kidding me. You call this good?

Well, then we thought we would try again! Well after the "Liar,Liar", which we turned right nothing matched our clues again! We then said to heck with this and proceeded to the next haunt, which was "Dead End Hotel". It was a lot better than the first, but not great!

So after spending $120 for the "Danger Run", 7 hours, and 210+ total miles it was in no way worth it. Again way over hyped!

4  Thank bigspankdaddy
dangerrunguy, Owner at Danger Run, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on the event and we truly appreciate for your recent trip on the Danger Run. There are a few inaccuracies that we'd like to address in your review. You had said that once you are lost, there is no going on. Actually, if you are lost on Danger Run there are a number of options. First, hints and tips are provided in the margins on some clues to help you out of a bind. It is also possible to use the built in "Shortcuts" to get yourself back on track as well. We also welcome and urge anyone on the Danger Run to ask for help on Twitter or via email. Both of these features are listed inside the clue book so that we can help you continue your night and a simple missed turn won't end your experience.

In regards to the haunts, the Danger Run visits different haunted attraction locations each year. This year, the Danger Run features 4 completely different attractions (2 on each route) that have never before been on the Danger Run. We selected all new attractions as a direct response to customer feedback. Each haunt selected has it's own unique qualities to provide a variety of options for different tastes. While you may not have enjoyed the two haunts you received on your course, there are others who have thoroughly enjoyed these particular attractions. Of course, there are still two other attractions partnered with the Danger Run that you did not have the opportunity to visit on your trip.

Lastly, for $119.70, you received an entire evening of Halloween entertainment for 6 people which included: the Danger Run scavenger hunt game, admission to TWO haunted attractions (which alone would have cost $35 per person --$210 total), a free food offer from DQ Grill & Chill, $10 in gas from Speedway (because you had more than 4 paid admissions in your car), and of course the traditional vampire fangs. This is an unmatched value in Halloween entertainment that you will not find any where else in the world.

We certainly wish that your experience had been a more positive one. If there is anything else that we can do to improve your experience, please don't hesitate to contact us through our website and we will be happy to discuss this with you. Thank you again for your feedback and your visit to the Danger Run. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a great time on the Danger Run. There truly is no way around arguing with each other, as everyone reads the clues slightly different. There was a lot of arguing, laughing, throwing the car in reverse to turn around, and screams at the haunted houses. With the coupon to dairy queen, the gas card, the two haunted houses, and all the fun involved, it's more than worth the money. Going to introduce my boyfriend to it this year! :)

2  Thank sgdoug
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family first heard about Danger Run on one of the local news stations in 2011. It sounded fun and we didn't have anything planned that weekend, so we decided to check it out when that Saturday rolled around. Little did we know that it would end up cementing a new family tradition that we'd come to look forward to every Halloween season.

Some advice to heed for anyone considering going on their first Danger Run:

- You WILL get into fights. No matter how you try to avoid it, it's totally inevitable. It is, however, one of the most fun aspects of the Run (especially for the person who gets to gloat "I was right, I was right!" when it turns out their interpretation of the clue was correct).
- Unless you've got some sort of super genius in your group, you WILL get lost on your first Run. Accept this fact and enjoy the night. Take your first Run as a sort of crash course on what to expect and how to deal with all of the little tricks and curveballs the clues like to throw at you, and arm yourself with that knowledge on your next attempt, be it the following night or the next season.
- The more the merrier! While there's nothing wrong with doing the Run with just a spouse, friend, or what have you (every time we've done it, it's just been the three of us), the experience is definitely more fun when you have a ton of other people with you, if only to hear some of the wild and often hilarious clue interpretations some of your compatriots will invariably come up with (see also tip #1). Not only that, but a carload of 4 or more gets you $10 in free gas! It pays to carpool, literally!

Overall, though, no matter how you slice it, the Danger Run definitely gives you the most bang for your buck when it comes to Louisville area Halloween attractions. The Danger Run staff is very responsive to customer feedback (moreso, I think, than any other business I've ever seen!), which goes to show their heartfelt dedication to making the Run the most thoroughly enjoyable experience it can be. They've got big things planned for the 2013 season, so if you've never experienced the Run before, now might just be the perfect time to cement a new Halloween tradition with your family and friends as well.

3  Thank Garry O
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Lots of fun. The haunted houses are really scary. Almost too scary. You need a lot of patience to decipher the clues but it is so much fun. Word to the wise don't go with people who get easily frustrated or you will get into an argument

2  Thank jljone
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Not sure why "veryhappytraveler" had so much trouble with the clues unless they weren't using the help system in place during Danger Run. I have been going on the Danger Run since 1999 and we absolutely can't wait to go on it each year! It is our favorite Fall Activity. We actually try to go on it twice every year.

We start our evening with 4 adults and 4 pre-teen/teen kids. We make a stop and buy snacks and drinks and pile us all in the van for the trip. We usually start at the Dixie Hwy Danger Run location because we live close to the Hurstbourne lane start point and we like to start somewhere outside of our neighborhood.

The clues can be tricky but if they were too easy it would be rhyming directions which would be no fun at all. Fortunate or unfortunate I always end up driving so I get to laugh at my carload arguing over where they think I should make the next turn. I have been known to pull over the car and tell my group "give me a book" so I can make my own decision of what we are going to do. You can't beat the deal you get. It's a full night for us and it was less than the price we would have paid to go to ONE of the included haunts! I know they market it as "the most fun you've ever had in your car" and I would have to say it is a REALLY close second to the most fun I've ever had in my car (sorry honey if you read this. LOL)

1  Thank tripster502