“Great way to introduce Louisville ”
Review of City Taste Tours

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great way to introduce Louisville ”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Leslie the owner/operator of this tour has thought of it all, she is personal and knows everything that needs to be known about her home town. You get to taste lots of bourbon and lots of local local specialities, my fav the hot brown pizza yuuuuumo!!! A def must whilst your here :-)

LeslieBurke, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
The Hot Brown Pizza is amazing isn't it?! I run tours pretty much every day... twice a day... and we offer pretty much the same tastes on every tour. The only taste I have not eventually gotten tired of is that darn pizza! I'm pretty much convinced that it is the sole reason for my last 20 pounds....... And the Derby Pie was the 20 pounds before that... And Schimpffs Confectionery the 20 pounds before that .... And.................. Where's that Weight Watchers number again? Thanks for your great review!

SYOSSET
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Bourbon and Repeat”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Had a wonderful time with Leslie and our group on this four hour tour. Great overview of Louisville that should be the first thing you do when you get into town. Jealous of all the great restaurants I couldn't try. Very informative. Thank you!

Visited March 2014
LeslieBurke, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Oh my gosh! What a great title to your review! I just might need to steal that for brochures, flyers and such! "Fun, Fun, Bourbon and Repeat!" I LOVE that!
Honolulu
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Tastefully done!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Great tasting tour! I love city tours to begin with, so add on some treats and it's extra great for me! My husband who is from Kentucky just kept saying all day, I didn't know there was so many fun things to do in louisville! Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting!

Visited February 2014
LeslieBurke, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
So... you love city tours? Isn't that perfect. I LOVE people who love city tours! When folks ask about the City Taste tours concept I tell them ... "Just imagine a city tour where you get to eat yummy foods and try yummy drinks all along the way". Sounds like a no brainer, huh? :) My idea for City Taste Tours sprang up while I was in Savannah Georgia. I wasn't an experienced tour taker like you are... in fact I had never been on one. I got kind of overwhelmed trying to decide what kind of tour to take... there were sooooo many options there. I said to myself at the time, "If I could just squeeze all the tours; the history tour, taste tour, ghost tour and shopping tour, into one tour.... I'd take THAT one!" I never did decide which tour to take and left later in the day for Atlanta to visit my sister. Somewhere between Savannah and Atlanta.... City Taste Tours was born... and here I am 5 years later with a successful tour company...responding to wonderful reviews from wonderful folks like you at 1:13 in the morning. :) I love my sleep deprived little world! Thank you for your great review! And by the way... I still have never been on a city tour. Maybe one day. :)
Murray, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Tour ... book it!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were in town for the National Farm Machinary Show and since it was Valentine's Day we took a break from the show. I found this tour on tripadvisor and once again ... it did not lead us astray! First..
They came and picked us up at out Hotel around 12:30 and we did not return until almost 5. WOW .. we had an awesome day inspite of an impending Winter storm. Very first thing they took us across the river to Jeffersonville to an AWESOME "candy store" where we got to watch them make candy and we got to sample. We toured down to the Falls of the Ohio where you can get awesome pics of the Louisville skyline ... we stopped in all the right places! Then ventured back over to downtown Louisville and made more awesome stops.... always short stops but enough time to quickly check it out and purchase items if you want. Then we toured up Bardstown road & over to Churchhill Downs... we got awesome treats all along the way... we had an amazing day and I would be thrilled to go again!

Visited February 2014
LeslieBurke, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Yes... an "impending winter storm"... this winter was WAY too long! Impending winter storms occurred far too many tour days this year. Thanks for your great review. I try to make the tour a combination of great photo opportunities, fun shops, historic stops and give you a little taste of it all. Most stops will be 10-15 minutes... and each time you get back on the bus, I will try to have a new tasty treat! As far as coming back and joining us again.... please do! I try to mix up the stops and tastes every few months so it stays interesting and new. So.... hope to see you on the bus again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
“As promised!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is not only a great way to sample the city when you have limited time, but it is fun, interesting and very yummy! Lisa and Leslie were awesome! They tied eVerything together, from the sights, to the food, to the beverages, to the music. We had a blast! Thanks for a great afternoon in your "weird" city ;-). PS Don't forget the Charleston, lol.

Visited January 2014
LeslieBurke, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hello! What fun we had that day! I want to post some of the pictures of that day on the site soon. Thanks for noticing the tied in music! I'm a huge music lover and want to give the tour a "show" feel. Can't believe it took me almost 5 years to come up with the inspiration that the Charleston would be the perfect music to play in during that part of the tour. Thanks for the reminder.... and yes, it is now a part of the tour. Hope to see you again! Leslie