“Great tour for first time visitors to Louisville”
Review of City Taste Tours

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and i did this tour literally the first hour after we arrived in Louisville. It was a great tour and a great way to kickoff our weekend. You get to see all the major sights in Louisville in one afternoon. You also do get a little bit of everything, sights, food and drinks of Louisville. For sure recommended for first time tourist, well worth the money. Thanks for showing us around your amazing town!!!! Brian and Terri

There are newer reviews for City Taste Tours

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

After our incredible experience with City Taste Tours of Louisville, I felt it would be unfair not to write a review. Leslie was a vivacious and friendly tour guide, her passion for what she does shined through the entire duration of the tour. She was knowledgeable, hilarious and kept the bus laughing the entire day. Although having a friend that was under the weather, she brightened up the situation and made her day enjoyable as well. You can tell that Leslie truly enjoys what she does and this tour was the perfect cherry on top to our first trip to Louisville. Highly recommend!

Cheers,

Your Canadian friends, Dana and Élan

1  Thank dananadine
citytastetours, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hello! Oh my goodness... I remember you gals! I am sooooo happy that your "under-the-weather" friend had fun. I was worried about her along the way. I am glad she was able to make the best of her situation ... and of the pillows in the back of the bus! :) It's always wonderful to have such fun loving and humor loving folks on the tour. Thanks for the review.... and I hope to see you all again one day! Leslie

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took my first tour a few days ago and I was simply amazed by the hospitality of Leslie and Lisa!! Leslie is very knowledgeable about the city and is fun and creative in her presentations of Louisville. Leslie and Lisa went out of their way to show us a great time and the "tastes" of Kentucky were wonderful! What an amazing day spent with City Taste Tours and Leslie and Lisa!!! I look forward to my next tour and will definitely recommend a tour to everyone!!

2  Thank TracyW1964
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've never written a review before, but felt the need to after reading that last reviewers take on a tour that my husband and I were also on. We had a fabulous time on the tour and in fact believed it was one of the most fun tours we have experienced in our travels. We got a great overview of the city, learned lots of great facts, heard stories about Louisville, and got to taste some tastes of foods that are known in the area. Our Hot Brown was not cold as far as I remember, was accompanied with fried green tomatoes, a hot roll with sweet butter and was given to us picnic style in front of the skyline. We thought it was a wonderful touch.

Leslie and her assistant did a great job trying to keep us cool that day. The heat index was 106 and it is true that it was a little uncomfortable on the bus. The air conditioner did drip a little due to the humidity, but didn't bother our group at all. What I disagree with the most regarding the reviewer is the lack of professionalism and organization. My husband and I travel a lot and this was the best city tour experience we have had in many cities. It has a intimate "family" type feel of someone you know giving you a tour of the city and is a refreshing change from the many snobby or disinterested tour guides we have had in other cities. We were amazed that Leslie could fit in so many things on a tour and never make us feel rushed. One of the bakery stops was closed due to the heat so the sign said and Leslie made an additional stop to make up for that. Again, we were just thrilled and so I thought I should send them on a great review to balance the other reviewers thoughts. Leslie keep up the good work and thanks again for a refreshing, fun and unique look at your great city.

1  Thank Caylin S

Oh my gosh! I am so glad to hear from you! That review has been driving me crazy.... I still can't figure out who it might have been. I am so happy your experience was a good one and that you took the time to let me know. I figure its impossible to please all the people all the time.... but if you knew me well, you would know that's exactly what I try to do everyday. Thanks again..... you are a sweetheart! I truly hope you join the tour again one day.... and please if you do, let me know its you. :) Leslie

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The good: Leslie had a good voice, gave good descriptions of the architecture and neighborhoods and was pleasant as was her assistant.
The bad: While frequent alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages were offered on the bus, the food & drink was almost all dessert/sugar based. Maple donut, cookie, bourbon chocolate, dessert wine, mint julip,etc. The air conditioning was not working in the van and it was pretty clear that it hadn't worked in a long time as a fan was bolted to the back wall of the drivers side. It was very uncomfortably hot, only two small paper hand fans were supplied and my sister-started shaking from the heat and almost passed out. Leslie made several "jokes" about the air conditioner in back which leaked all over several of us. When we made our first stop at Thomas Edison's boarding house, the museum person didn't know why we were there. For some reason they stopped in Indiana at a bakery, it turned out to be closed and another bakery in Louisville that was closing when we drove up and of course out of most of their goods. The tour just seemed unorganized & and frankly unprofessional. No written information was given about the stops either, so anyone unfamiliar with the city wouldn't easily be able to return to the venues other then the obvious Churchilll Downs and Louisville Slugger museum stops.
The ugly: Apparently we drove over to Indiana to see the view, but waited a long time for fried green tomatoes and the famous Louisville Hot Brown that was a "Indiana Cold Brown". After a Food tour of sugar" no one was hungry for cold food. For $55 a person this was really disappointing. We have been on food tours in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York. A tour guide always accompanies their guests in the shops, nothing is closed, and the shop owners know why the group is there. This was a very different and strange experience and expensive. I just moved to this city and was disappointed that this was my family's first impression of Louisville. The other small group that was on the tour told us that they would do their own tour next time.

1  Thank Chidimma

I have to admit folks.... this one has kept me up nights. I just can't remember anyone leaving the bus this unhappy. I am so sorry that you and your sister had a bad experience. It just breaks my heart to hear that. I strive hard to keep everyone happy and if I had only known, I'm sure I could have done something to make it better. I think one thing is the misconception that sometimes happens about my tour..... it is not a "food tour". Our tour is supposed to be a sightseeing, history and fun stops tour with little tastes along the way. Maybe I do focus on the sweet tastes a little too much.... you can thank my diabetic daddy for that one.... I appreciate that feedback and will consider tweaking the tastes a bit. As far as being hot.... on some of those heat indexes of over 100 degrees, we did have some ac issues. I have now purchased bus number two and hopefully it can handle these darn horrible dew points better than the other bus. So far.... its doing great! Again, I am so sorry your experience fell below your expectations. I sure hope to have another opportunity to try again one day. Thanks again for your feedback. Leslie