“Great time!!”

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
Reviewed March 13, 2013

From the minute we stepped on the comfy mini-bus to the time we got off the bus at our hotel for the last time, we had a blast!!! There were six of us on the tour after a few long days of workshops that we attended at a convention. We never stopped laughing the whole 4 hours (or so) that we were with Leslie. She customized the tour for us. Whatever we wanted, she obliged. I have been on and enjoyed many tours of cities I have visited, but this was by far not only the most unique tour, but the most fun tour. We all enjoyed the "girlie bourbons" and glad we did not have to drive afterwards. We went on a Sunday, and some of the places we wanted to visit were not open such as Schmipff's and the glassworks place, but Leslie obviously could not help that. Leslie is very knowedgable and told us great stories of her beloved city. She was more than willing to take pictures of our group(and she even gave us a few pointers on lighting).We had a question about one of the local restaurants, she did not know the answer so she went out of her way to get an answer for us. She goes above and beyond, you can tell she enjoys her job. If you have the time, DO NOT MISS THIS TOUR, it is well worth every cent.

3  Thank mauryk1963
citytastetours, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Hello! Thank you for the great review! It is true.... I love my job. There is no doubt I am a blessed and lucky girl to get to do what I do for a living. It's because of folks like you... letting others know about their experience on the tour that I am able to continue to show guests my incredible city. Thanks again! I hope you are able to join in on the fun another time. Leslie

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Nine of us were picked up promptly at 9 AM at our hotel. From the moment we climbed on board the modified mini-bus, we were wowed. The bus had bench seating-with cushions and pillows for comfort-wrapped around (U-shape) the sides and back. The 'ceiling' was decorated with lights, artificial flowers and foil cutouts of jockeys & horses. Leslie, the driver & tour guide extraordinaire, greeted us & the party bus was on its way. Leslie is an experienced guide (she's a Louisville native) and provided us with lots of anecdotes as she brought us by many attractions, including Churchill Downs, Louisville Slugger Museum, Old Louisville, and the Cast Iron District. In addition, Leslie offered us samples of assorted bourbons as well as several local foods (Kentucky Derby pie, a "Brown", fried green tomatoes, etc.) We also sampled Mint Juleps, and, for those who did not want to sample alcohol, Leslie had non-alcoholic offerings, too. We picnicked next to the Ohio River. We even got to travel into Jeffersonville, Indiana, and experienced an educational (candy making) tour and samples at Schmipff's Confectionery. Delightful! We had plenty of opportunities to take photos. The tour lasted about 3.5 hours (we had time to browse at Churchill Downs and the Glassworks.) It was a fun way to see the sites and very entertaining, too.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We got on the tour at 2nd and Liberty and from then on, I had the most fun I've ever had on any tour, ever. We were treated to the sites of Louisville and Jeffersonville; we learned about the history and some of the quirks of the area; we ate some really good food - just tastes but really good nonetheless. I didn't even realize how long we'd been on the bus until I pulled out my phone to take pictures with it once the battery on my camera died. It is totally worth the time and money spent and I can't wait to go again!
Thanks, Leslie and Lisa! I had a blast!!!!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Although the tour got started late, we had a great time. I've read complaints about this not being a "food" tour, and it's not. But any newcomer to Louisville will benefit from taking it. You get tastes of several of the dishes Louisville is known for as well as a mint julip and several bourbons. And the tour hits many of the best known attractions...and a couple that aren't.
We were on a tour with a family celebrating a birthday. They brought several bottles of wine and a couple cases of beer. So they weren't exactly quiet and it made hearing Leslie impossible at times. But they shared their spirits with us so I'm not complaining!
My only suggestion would be to install wiring and speaker throughout the bus at some point, rather than relying on a single, portable speaker. But all in all, well worth your time.

1  Thank buddha-becky
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This tour was fun from start to finish.We were taken to fabulous neighborhoods,and the food and drink exceeded my expectations, both in quantity and quality.I loved driving through Churchhill Downs.Our tour guide was great fun.It was a great way to see the city!