“Absolutely amazing, exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of City Taste Tours

City Taste Tours
Ranked #2 of 32 Tours in Louisville
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Taste Tours combines Highlights and Sights with Bourbon and Bites! Our top rated city tour and other fun Louisville tours all include a unique twist and are perfect for fun loving locals & tourists who want to make the most of their trip to Louisville. The "Everything You Should See, Know & Taste While You're in Louisville" tour is offered both morning and afternoon and is a fun combination of sightseeing, tasting, history and stories of Louisville and numerous stops into different neighborhoods, well known landmarks and quaint local Mom & Pops. It will provide you with a great overview of the city including little tastes of foods and drinks unique to Louisville; Benedictine, Derby Pie, a fun twist on the Hot Brown, Mint Julep, Honey Bourbon and even more tasty surprises. We strive hard to give our guests a real overall "taste" of the city and a very fun time!
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Absolutely amazing, exceeded expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We were headed to Louisville for a bachelorette party, and had heard of City Taste Tours, so we decided to check it out. None of the listed tours really suited our group, so Leslie (the tour guide) graciously helped us create our own customized tour based on our preferences and group make up. She was right on time to the hotel, provided delicious tastings on the bus, took us to Garage bar for apps, then Riverbend Winery for a wine tasting. Along the way she stopped at a few photo spots for group pictures which we really appreciated! Best of all, we had an issue with our final drop off location (not because of the tour) and Leslie came back to pick us up even though our time was up! Every girl in our group absolutely adored Leslie and her fun, upbeat attitude. She fits right in with any group! I highly recommend City Taste Tours for any group event in Louisville, you will have a wonderful time guaranteed!

Carterville, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Leslie is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

A great way to start a trip in Louisville! Highly recommend!

California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“WOW! OUTSTANDING! Customer Service Finely Honed...and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I were in Louisville for the Fright Night Film Fest this past weekend. Our flight out wasn't until late Monday afternoon, and we had thought we'd go the the Louisville Slugger Museum and things closer to our hotel on Monday morning, until I read a Visitor's Guide and it included a short paragraph about this city and food tour. We've done food tours in about 8 other cities, so it was natural to really, really want to go.

Eli picked us up in her car, and we were the only two. Heaven! It was like having a friend in Louisville who was willing to drive around to all the neighborhoods and sights and THEN on top of that, share her favorite foods with us. We were stuffed by the end of the FOUR-HOUR+ tour! We had several goodies at the German Bakery; candy treats at Schimpfs; a hot brown; a benedictine sandwich; fried green tomatoes; heavenly yeast rolls with cinnamon honey butter; tastes of several bourbons; local coffee that was deep and robust; Modjeska candies; she even garnered a generous beer sample for my husband. It was like a never-ending dream come true!

When we mentioned that we never did get to a White Castle, and they don't have them in Southern California, Eli drove through to get us a taste! (They were very soft, hot, and yummy, too!) Whatever we wanted to do, she accommodated, AND she knew so much of the history of the city. It was marvelous. Cave Hill Cemetery was beautiful AND amazing. We noticed the names Cherry, Twist, and Tingle on tombstones and told her she needed to create a new Louisville creation - a Cherry Twist Tingler, made with cherry bourbon. Who knows? Maybe they can trademark a new taste sensation, casually called The Cave Hill.

It was fun, fun, and fun! Amazing! Every question answered, and every wish granted. There was no corporate "well, our policy is...." It was all whatever we wished to do. There was no rushing, no "let's get going." The pace was relaxed and in that sense, it was very "southern hospitality" oriented.

When we return to the horror film festival next year, we are going to take her evening "foodie tour." Eli was giving us tips on the best barbecue and best restaurants around. She's very nice, and extremely easy to get along with. She felt like one of our closest friends at the end of this very long, very interesting tour. Great business! Great tour! Great value for the money!

Go - just call them, and GO. It was great. I've paid substantially more for food tours, but it just doesn't get any better than this! Thanks, Eli! We adore you.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank JaninSoCal
Galveston Island, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Taste of the City Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

Wonderful tour for showing the highpoints of the city and Leslie was great about pointing out fun restaurants and shops while also giving the history of the city. As others have said, U-shaped benches along the back and sides take a little getting used to. There were about 8 on our Sat morning tour so we had the space to change position so it wasn't too bad. The bus decorations are cute. We did have a taste of things but that's what I expected, not a meal. We tasted mint julips, bourbon creme liquour, sweet wine, bourbon flavored cheese and cherries, the hot brown, fried green tomatoes, and a yeast roll. Wish we had had more time in the area of Victorian houses but we decided to go back later on our own for a walk. Great introduction to the city. Thanks, Leslie.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank galv0612
citytastetours, Owner at City Taste Tours, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
You are welcome! I think I enjoy the tours as much as the guests! Yes, I love Old Louisville as well... and all those incredible Victorian Mansions. I will try to incorporate more time in that area. Thanks for the input! :) Leslie
Minnesota
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Leslie is a great tour guide.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

This was a great overview of the City of Louisville. I would suggest that you take the tour at the start of your stay so you can visit the places/restaurants that Leslie points out. This was our third trip to Louisville and I saw places that I didn't know about before. I would suggest a light meal before the tour. As some of the other reviews mention the seating is in a U shape so if you have back problems, sit in the back so you have a back rest and don't have to twist to see out of both sides of the bus. I thought there was more than enough to sample but could be because we were a small group so we had bigger portions. Leslie did emphasize when I called that this was a tour of the city with tasting not a taste tour of the city. One thing that could be improved is if Leslie had an assistant to book the tours and get back to people like me who like to definitely know if we are scheduled for the tour and not have to call back to confirm. Overall, a great tour and very informative.

Visited May 2012
Hello! Thanks for your review! I'm so glad you had a great time on the bus. I appreciate the heads up on wanting a confirmation process. Even though I am not a big enough company... or have a big enough budget... to allow for an assistant yet, I could definitely take the time to call and confirm folks the night before. Thanks for the insight. Hope to see you on the bus another time! Leslie