“Highly recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Bashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 20 Louisville B&B and Inns
Corrales, New Mexico
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband, myself, and our two adult children shared the wonderfully spacious West Suite for three nights. The house is a pleasure to stay in. It’s historically significant, beautiful, and comfortable. Cynthia Cooke is a fine host and makes everything work. The excellent breakfast is served graciously, in a truly lovely room. The inn is located on a quiet street, just off Bardstown Road (excellent restaurants just a few minutes away) and near the Watterson Expressway, which gets you wherever you need to go. I grew up in Louisville but hadn’t been there in many years. Staying at the Bashford Manor B&B made my return visit even better. This is a great alternative to a conventional hotel or motel, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Miss Cooke created a very warm and welcoming experience in her charming, historical home. Bashford Manor confirms why a B&B is preferred to a hotel. I look forward to coming back. Hats off to Miss Cooke for making history accessible.

• Stayed August 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 15, 2013

What a wonderful stay we had! My husband and I stayed in the West Bedroom over our 1 year anniversary weekend. The bed was comfortable and the room was huge! The breakfast was absolutely amazing. Cynthia was a very kind and was able to answer any questions we had. She was even sweet enough to cut some of her hydrangeas and give them to us on our anniversary. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My sister and I stayed in the West Suite for 3 nights over 4th of July weekend and it was very spacious and comfortable. The room has a queen and a twin, which was perfect for us. It also has its own bathroom with a claw foot tub with a shower. The B&B is in a convenient location for sightseeing (we drove everywhere we wanted to go, but not far) and it is a unique and well-maintained property. The rates are very reasonable for the accommodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank danabama
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I only stayed for one night, but it was a very nice room. The bed was very comfortable. We really liked the history behind the house. Our hosts were very kind and the breakfast was amazing! We had a great time and will be visiting again!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank egaunnac
Washington DC
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I can't say enough good things about the Bashford Manor! Met up with three friends from Saturday - Tuesday and stayed in the West Suite. It felt like we got to live in a lovely home for a few nights, much more relaxing than a hotel. Sunny room with 3 beds (another friend joined in last minute, so we shared the queen sized bed), awesome shower, mini fridge, and second sink in the bedroom. Beautiful house with large yard and a wrap around porch. We hung out on the porch drinking coffee Tuesday after check out and felt very welcomed and relaxed.

Breakfast
I am gluten free and mentioned this when booking the room. I was pleasantly surprised that Cynthia (the host) not only remembered, but had bought gluten free bagels. The breakfasts were delicious - frittatas, sausage, yogurt, fruit, biscuits. Beautiful dining room.

Host
Cynthia is a great host, gave thoughtful suggestions about places to go and was very informed about the history of the house and grounds. She was there for each breakfast and easily accessible.

Room Tip: West Suite was on second floor. Had one queen bed with canopy and two smaller beds, one was a trundl...