“Quaint Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Bashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 15 Louisville B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice B and B, with historical presence.
There is one area where you can sit, with cardboard cut outs of Rett Butler, and one of Lincoln, seemed to cheapen the place.
Breakfast was good, interesting, had healthy choices.
The curb appeal from the front of the house is good.
The sitting area inside the house could be made more inviting so you would want to sit there, otherwise you are stuck in your room or outside.
Only down side for Bashford is you can't make a reservation or transaction on line, you have to contact the owner To increase her business would recommend doing that, and increasing her advertising, as is worth staying there.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for a couple days during the week. We stayed in the Jane Austin Suite. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The yard was fantastic! we sat on the beautiful porch for hours and talked. The owner, Cynthia, was very friendly and helpful, her cooking delightful. She was an absolute delight to talk to, and spared no effort to ensure that we were comfortable. This is a wonderful B&B, and I cant recommend it enough.

1  Thank Jeffery L
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Cynthia was accommodating in all aspects for my boyfriend, my cat and myself.

She let me park my sports car the whole duration in her back parking area, even when we left for a few days when the derby came to town.
She charged a fair price for the long duration.
She made breakfast every morning for my boyfriend, I was up to early to enjoy this benefit!!! I did ask her to pack a to go breakfast for me one weekend as I was dying at work of starvation. And she did.
We would ask her questions about the area and she was very informative and always took the time to speak with us.
She worked extremely well with my schedule as my job was hectic at the time.
She asked daily if we needed anything for the room.

The gardens are beautiful, I wish we would have been there more often during he day to enjoy them
The rooms are interesting and include artifacts from the local area.

Our cat stayed for free....she respected the fast that we had an animal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The whole staff was very friendly. My wife and I stayed over Kentucky Derby weekend and we loved it. We really felt pampered the whole stay. The room felt very clean and just had a cozy feeling. We will be staying again and I recommend it to anyone in the area. Breakfast was great every morning too.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Idyllic! As one of four couples rendezvousing from 4 different states to attend our first Kentucky Derby, the Bashford Manor Inn was a winning ticket! Our host, Cynthia Cooke so sweet and considerate and informative (a saint) and staff (especially Jackie) were fantastic - friendly, helpful, accommodating to all our special requests, and cheerful throughout. We were boisterous to a fault but they couldn't have been more gracious throughout. The breakfasts were first-class thanks to Jake, a Culinary Arts student - I'm certain he'll be valedictorian) and the amenities were terrific. I can't laud them all enough. We had a BLAST!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank louise w
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Bashford Manor for a brief weekend trip. The beautiful old home was once the manor house on a horse farm. Its present owner, Cynthia, rescued it from disrepair, and it's now grand and regal with large staircases, polished wood floors, and antique furniture. Our suite was similarly styled, with huge windows that looked out onto the gardens. Cynthia is a sweet hostess and a good cook (not to mention a real-life cartographer!). We can't recommend Bashford Manor enough and hope to stay again on our next trip to Louisville.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank burkeh
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2 teens and I stayed here over Easter weekend. This was our first time at a b&b but we were excited to try. We were inteugued after we watched their YouTube before we stayed and checked the website. We stayed in the east suite. It was a nice home away from home for the weekend. Very close to the highway. Great breakfast. Super clean room. Lots of history. I'd def stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013