“Could be Excellent in every way”

Louisville Marriott East
Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is a very very good hotel and there's not much that I can say about it that doesn't give it an Excellent. However, there was just one thing and it was a big negative in my book. The shower stalls in the regular rooms are stand up showers. I generally prefer this to a tub shower. However, mine created a huge pool of water on the bathroom floor every time I took a shower. Apparently, they didn't have the shower door sealed correctly. As I was only in town one night, I just asked for 5 towels to soak up the floor when I took a shower the next day.

Otherwise, great location, very nice hotel, clean rooms and great staff. The staff was very willing to work with me on room and was very apologetic.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. I’m so sorry that you a bad experience with your shower while staying with us. Your feedback is invaluable and will help us continue to provide the very highest level of service and satisfaction.

We’d love to see you again soon. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

As other reviews state, this is the most beautiful, friendly & comfortable place I've stayed, in a long time. YES, the staff are genuinely happy to work here & help guest have a super stay. The employees, in the lobby, halls, & restaurant, look for ways to help all.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JpDrumr

Dear Valued Guest,

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Marriott Louisville East! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and look forward to welcoming you again soon! Thanks again for the positive comments!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the past month and both times have been pleasant. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. It is clean, updated and has a comfortable atmosphere. The bar is great, with awesome waitstaff. I recommend it to anyone!

Dear Valued Guest,

We’re so glad you enjoyed your two stays at the Marriott Louisville East. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and look forward to welcoming you again soon! Please let us know If we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Clean, beautiful lobby, easy in and out parking, nice design on the outside--there's even a fire pit out by the front door. Clean rooms, nice staff. The only issue we had was with the pocket door getting into the bathroom--it stuck and "locked in" folks not strong enough to wrench it open. Other than that, stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Get a room up high--the views are wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cogman62,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. I am glad you hear that you enjoyed your stay, but I do apologize about the incident with the bathroom door during your stay. Your feedback will help us improve our overall hotel operation. Please think of us next time you are in the Louisville area.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Was staying at this hotel for a conference and they really out did their selves. The hotel was remodeled and it is beauitful. The service in the restuarant was wonderful Robert was great in making suggestions and timing our food. The banquet team was great the newly designed banquet area was warm and spacious and was very pleased our company selected this hotel for our conference.

Dear Valued Guest,

The Marriott Louisville East re-opened in June 2012 with a complete redesign and remodel of the hotel. The hotel added an 8,000 Square foot Grand Ballroom and went back to our Kentucky roots with a Bourbon theme. We are very proud of our team and their service and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experiences at the Marriott Louisville East. We hope to see you and your group back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is newly redone and beautiful but what makes this hotel standout is the restaurant. The food is exceptional - I highly recommend the pork chops. Last but not least, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
JeffreyThompson, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words! Like you I am a Big Fan of the pork chops so glad you enjoyed them! Chef Ryan and the entire staff put a huge amount of passion into Charr’d and to hear you say the nice things you did only inspires everyone more. Thanks again for choosing the Marriott Louisville and even more for giving Charr’d a chance! Please let us know if you are back in Louisville and we can put together a bourbon appetizer your next visit!

Best Regards

Kris Thomas
Asst. General Manager / F&B Director

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was at the Marriott Louisville East for a work meeting. I had never stayed at this particular Marriott but my husband told me not to expect much. I'm assuming this hotel has changed addresses or had a major renovation. Everything was top notch. The lobby and bar area is nice and open with TVs and a good bar selection. I saw the lobby and second floor restrooms being cleaned more than once during my visit. There was a note on my pillow from housekeeping letting me know they were there should I need anything. Room service was delivered within 20 minutes and they brought me a "special request" from the bar. I've stayed in many Marriotts, but these beds seem to be particularly comfortable, and I'm pretty picky.
But the reason for my review is the management and phone staff. After driving home, over 3 hours away, I realized I had left my bag with laptop somewhere in the lobby. I called and spoke to Laura who didn't find the bag in lost and found but assured me she would have management check the lobby immediately. She called back within 10 minutes and had found the bag. She also arranged to have my bag shipped to my house. They took the time and went the extra mile to make sure I had my laptop the very next morning. A luxury hotel is more than accommodations and the Marriott East Louisville nailed what true customer service is. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. The hotel did re-open in June 2012 after a 40 million dollar redesign and rebuild. We strive to provide excellent customer service and amenities at the Marriott Louisville East, and we’re pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad to hear that you received your laptop as well. We hope to see you soon at the Marriott Louisville East when you’re visiting the Louisville area.