“This place is stunning”

Louisville Marriott East
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Clean, beautiful lobby, easy in and out parking, nice design on the outside--there's even a fire pit out by the front door. Clean rooms, nice staff. The only issue we had was with the pocket door getting into the bathroom--it stuck and "locked in" folks not strong enough to wrench it open. Other than that, stay here. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: Get a room up high--the views are wonderful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Cogman62,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback from your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. I am glad you hear that you enjoyed your stay, but I do apologize about the incident with the bathroom door during your stay. Your feedback will help us improve our overall hotel operation. Please think of us next time you are in the Louisville area.

There are newer reviews for Louisville Marriott East

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Was staying at this hotel for a conference and they really out did their selves. The hotel was remodeled and it is beauitful. The service in the restuarant was wonderful Robert was great in making suggestions and timing our food. The banquet team was great the newly designed banquet area was warm and spacious and was very pleased our company selected this hotel for our conference.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

The Marriott Louisville East re-opened in June 2012 with a complete redesign and remodel of the hotel. The hotel added an 8,000 Square foot Grand Ballroom and went back to our Kentucky roots with a Bourbon theme. We are very proud of our team and their service and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experiences at the Marriott Louisville East. We hope to see you and your group back soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is newly redone and beautiful but what makes this hotel standout is the restaurant. The food is exceptional - I highly recommend the pork chops. Last but not least, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S
JeffreyThompson, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words! Like you I am a Big Fan of the pork chops so glad you enjoyed them! Chef Ryan and the entire staff put a huge amount of passion into Charr’d and to hear you say the nice things you did only inspires everyone more. Thanks again for choosing the Marriott Louisville and even more for giving Charr’d a chance! Please let us know if you are back in Louisville and we can put together a bourbon appetizer your next visit!

Best Regards

Kris Thomas
Asst. General Manager / F&B Director

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was at the Marriott Louisville East for a work meeting. I had never stayed at this particular Marriott but my husband told me not to expect much. I'm assuming this hotel has changed addresses or had a major renovation. Everything was top notch. The lobby and bar area is nice and open with TVs and a good bar selection. I saw the lobby and second floor restrooms being cleaned more than once during my visit. There was a note on my pillow from housekeeping letting me know they were there should I need anything. Room service was delivered within 20 minutes and they brought me a "special request" from the bar. I've stayed in many Marriotts, but these beds seem to be particularly comfortable, and I'm pretty picky.
But the reason for my review is the management and phone staff. After driving home, over 3 hours away, I realized I had left my bag with laptop somewhere in the lobby. I called and spoke to Laura who didn't find the bag in lost and found but assured me she would have management check the lobby immediately. She called back within 10 minutes and had found the bag. She also arranged to have my bag shipped to my house. They took the time and went the extra mile to make sure I had my laptop the very next morning. A luxury hotel is more than accommodations and the Marriott East Louisville nailed what true customer service is. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. The hotel did re-open in June 2012 after a 40 million dollar redesign and rebuild. We strive to provide excellent customer service and amenities at the Marriott Louisville East, and we’re pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad to hear that you received your laptop as well. We hope to see you soon at the Marriott Louisville East when you’re visiting the Louisville area.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here while visiting Kentucky for a bourbon tour. The location was perfect for visiting a lot of the distilleries. We ate dinner at the Charr'd restaurant at the hotel both nights. Both dinners were very good. We had a very nice room with a lot of space.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NewboldBroad

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. We are proud to be the Official Sponsor of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail as well as a member of the Urban Bourbon Trail. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our bourbon themed hotel and your dining experience in Charr’d Bourbon Kitchen & Lounge. We hope to welcome your again to the hotel very soon! Please let us if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Third and Jefferson wasn't a good address 30 years ago... but now, well you get what you expect in a Marriott, and its at cleaned up Third and Jefferson. There are a lots of folks to help with your questions on the ground floor. This is a very clean hotel and I believe they are proud of it. Nicely appointed rooms. Do ask for a room with river views... plus of UofL's KFC Yum! Center arena. There are lots of restaurants nearby making it a perfect weekend getaway, which is what we did use this hotel for.

Room Tip: River view is the only way to go at this Marriott.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank stevehh2525
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We splurged and stayed one night at the Marriott East in Louisville with anticipation of a great shopping day the next day. The entrance to the hotel was grand and expansive, I had to check and make sure I wasn't in New York City. We had a very polite and attentive check in host. We were sent to the 9th floor to a lovely, over the top room with a view of the city. The beds, of course, are to die for, so comfortable and the bathroom, shower, robe were splendid. Before dinner, we stopped for wine at the bar in the lobby, which was so very nice. Next morning, we treated ourselves to breakfast in bed, service promptly and delicious.
Thank you to the Marriott chain for being the top in my book and to Louisville Marriott #1 for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

You really were in Louisville and not New York City! We thank you for the positive feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled you were so happy with our staff, guest room accommodations, lobby bar and room service! It’s people like you that makes our job so satisfying. We hope you were able to find some great deals while shopping and in case you weren’t aware, two brand new outlet malls are being built less than 15 minutes from our hotel in Simpsonville, Kentucky. It’s due to be open in late summer, 2014. We look forward to seeing you again soon.