Louisville Marriott East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungeangela reynoldsthemed hotelfire pitbourbon trailbeautiful hotelbourbon barbourbon countrywalk in showercomfortable bedspool and hot tubrestaurants and shoppingfront desk staffi highly recommend this hotelthe hotel is cleanworkout roomup to date
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fine until the last day. I got a phone call while I was at work from the Marriott saying there was a water leak and they had to move my things from my current room to a different room. My co-workers warned me that I should go back to the hotel and supervise the operation but I didn't have a car and it was not exactly around the corner so I said it would be ok. BOY WAS I WRONG!! They forgot to move my toiletries and when I let them know, they said they would retrieve them from my old room and bring them up. I was still perfectly fine at this point. Mistakes happen right? 20 minutes later someone from housekeeping knocks on my door with a bar of hotel soap and some hotel shampoo. I explained to her I needed my stuff from my old room and she said she'd go down and get it. Soon after that my phone rings. Seems they threw away my toiletries. Ummm what? So they asked me the brands of the missing stuff and even had me verify where you could by them and the pictures of the missing items so they could replace them. I'm still fine. That's great customer service. TWO AND A HALF Hours later, they bring me a razor and some soap. None of the other things. Now I'm pissed. I call the front desk and they said they called target and Walmart but they couldn't find the brands I'd requested. Mind you I told them to go to Ulta. So they said they don't know where an ulta is so they would try Macy's. have you people never heard of the Internet? I got off the phone and googled Ulta then called them back and gave them the address. I'm not holding my breath. This is a nice hotel but they are clueless. I could have walked the 6 miles to ulta and back by now. Will I ever get my missing items?? I'm not holding my breath

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lisa O
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. Your feedback is invaluable and will help us continue to provide the very highest level of service and satisfaction to our guests. I’m very sorry that we had to move your room, but then to throw away your toiletries, that was unacceptable and should have never happened. I know our team was able to locate your Ulta products and bring them to you, but you shouldn’t have had to wait over two and half hours. I would like to personally discuss this with you. You can reach me at the hotel – (502) 491-1184. I hope you give the Marriott Louisville East another opportunity in the future. I know we will exceed your expectations.

Jeff Thompson

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night on the way to Cincinnati. We found the hotel to be very nice. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and did everything in their power to make sure all requests were filled. Our room was spacious and the decor was set to a Kentucky atmosphere. The Concierge lounge had limited space, but the selection of food and drinks were good; however, I did not find the Concierge to be as receptive to a family as she was to the business travelers. One other complaint was that the Concierge lounge was open until 10:00, but my family went up for cookies/dessert at 8:45 only to find that they were out of the desserts and had no intentions of getting more (even though there was a restaurant downstairs which could have easily provided more). Maybe I have been spoiled by other Marriott properties, but I have experienced that they would order up more desserts if they were out that early.
I would definately stay here if in the area again. One other important note that has been mentioned earlier, the need to have access to a car in order to have ample selections for food. I did not find many opportunities for good food within easy walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This new hotel has spacious rooms and a beautiful lobby. Large ballrooms make this an excellent hotel for group meetings or wedding receptions. Although the pool is a bit narrow, it is still fine for kids or swimming laps. The weight room is excellent! Very spacious with quality aerobic machines and plenty of room for lifting free weights.
The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants including Longhorn steakhouse, BD Mongolian Grill, Chick-fil-A, Buca di Beppo and many others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ninth or tenth floor are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here during Christmas for a company event, and the hotel has been completely redesigned and retrofitted. It's like a brand new hotel, and one of the nicest Marriott I've stayed in (and I stay with Marriott about 50 times a year). Very nice rooms and good food.

Room Tip: Request a high-floor room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Nicely renovated and well located for downtown or suburbs. The concierge level is well worth it - the evening "snacks" are a full blow meal. Free parking. Friendly service. Only downside is that nothing is really walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013