“Very nice hotel with good service in a distant location”

Louisville Marriott East
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel appears nearly brand new. Everything is very nice, clean, and has a Louisville touch that is great. I would highly recommend the hotel, but you need to make sure you take note of the location.

The hotel staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our team here at the Marriott Louisville East, we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you what we are all about. Being a brand new hotel since June 2012 we have worked hard at exceeding our guests’ expectations and your feedback is much appreciated! Our location is in the East End of Louisville but conveniently located off of I-64 , close to shopping and plenty of nearby restaurants, including our own Charr’d Bourbon Kitchen and Lounge. We thank you for your review and recommendation and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I'm a Marriott Gold member and was in Louisville for business. I wanted to stay downtown but the downtown Marriott was more than $100/night than this one so this was an easy choice even though I've never stayed here. I'm glad I did. The lobby is spacious, modern, clean and contemporary. The check-in staff was courteous and efficient, and had a room ready even though I was checking in early. The room itself was modern, spacious and extremely clean. It was by far one of the nicest Marriott properties I've stayed in. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Wtribbey,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. We really appreciate your kind feedback and recommendation of our hotel. WE look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have stayed here before and after the renovation in 2012. The after effects are tremendous. The rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and comfortable. The bathrooms are an improvement over the old tub and shower combo. The staff has been friendly and helpful. The interior ambiance of the common spaces is delightful. I would recommend this place for anyone for any purpose. It is also in a great location with lots of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Truly Appreciated Guest-

We wish to thank you for taking time and writing a review regarding your stay! We strive to provide excellent customer service and amenities at the Marriott Louisville East, and we’re pleased to you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to having you back in the near future! Best regards from the entire team at Louisville Bourbon Hotel, the Marriott Louisville East!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been traveling for business for the last 7 months, the majority of those days (probably >100 nights) were stayed at this property. I have stayed on almost every floor, tried most things on the room service menu, and met nearly every human being that works at the Marriott Louisville East, and so I feel that I have a pretty unique and thorough perspective on this hotel.

So, that being said, I feel that this is a wonderful hotel that obviously goes the extra mile. Everyone who works there makes an effort to learn every guest's name and preferences, accommodates pretty much anything that they can, and I believe is sincere in their hospitality. Since I've stayed here so many nights, I have of course had an issue come up here and there - all of which were pretty minor - but they were immediately taken care of with a smile and a "Don't worry about it!" when I offered a tip. The service is something that sets this particular Marriott hotel apart from other ones....especially in Louisville.

As for the rooms, they are nice and comfortable - about what you expect for a full service Marriott. The 2 queen bed rooms have a separate couch and ottoman and the 1 king bed rooms have an armchair...which is a bit strange since there is obviously more room in the king bed rooms for a coffee table or something. Otherwise the rooms are quiet and clean.

If you like to work out, there is a large and very modern gym on the ground floor with a bunch of ellipticals, stationary bikes, treadmills, etc, all with individual tvs so you don't have to think about how tired you are while you are exercising! The pool and hot tub are really really nice, but you should know that there is not an outdoor pool (large windows in front of the indoor pool, though).

The restaurant is called "Charr'd", and has a pretty good room service selection...I recommend the wood-planked salmon or the Kentucky Hot Brown if you end up staying here.

To those who care about such things, the concierge lounge is very nice! Not as big as some larger Marriotts, but it has great quality, great variation in it's menus, and it is always a pleasant experience to visit. I have NO idea what one reviewer (cheermum2011) is talking about in her criticisms....first, as I might expect someone who claims to be a Gold Elite guest would be aware of, all Marriott concierge lounges are closed on the weekend unless there is some special event or something. I have stay at JWs, Marriotts, Renaissance - NONE are usually open on the weekend. That is why they are called Executive lounges - because they are supposed to be for business travelers. Also, most lounges DO charge a nominal fee for alcohol...this marriott charges something like $3 for a glass of wine, which is on par with other Marriott properties.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time there...it is difficult to stay in one place for so long a time, but things were always pleasant and I always feel welcomed. I am sure that anyone who visits would have a similar experience.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms see the sunset if that's important to you! Of course, that also means that o...

Dear Frequent Visitor,

Thank you for very detailed and appreciated review of our property. It is our focus to ensure repeat business and from your kind words sounds like we have succeeded! I want to not only thank you for choosing our property but being under standing during our challenges. We truly look forward to having you back the next time you are in Louisville! Please inform the front desk of your arrival and this response so I can personally say hello! Best Regards truly appreciative hotel staff!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott-Louisville East with a group of 12 people from the University of Texas during the Kentucky Derby. We had cocktail parties in the lobby as well as a private dinner at "Charr'd" in the hotel during our 5 day stay. I was amazed by the staff !! All seemed very well trained and truely enjoyed their jobs...very hard to find at many hotels. The food was delicious - from the bar appetizers to the dinner - and the breakfeast buffet included cereal to specially made omletts and everything inbetween. (even special requests, such as an omlett with only egg whites were met with a "no problem") The room was very clean and comfortable and they even gave each guest a special "derby gift" of a framed Derby print, derby pie, a local ginger ale, etc....all made to make our Derby experience more special. The location is near the airport and many shopping areas. It was an incredible experience, made even better by the outstanding staff at the Marriott East - we will definately be back to this hotel !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Elizabeth,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful comments about our property. It is our staff’s goal to exceed our guests expectations from their first step into our property, to dining in our restaurant, while having a comfortable night sleep, and upon their departure. We want to create an experience and lasting memories.

We are so happy that you and your group from the University of Texas were able to join in our Derby festivities and you could be here at our property for our hotel’s first Derby. Our property will be celebrating our one year anniversary on June 21st. We welcome you and your group back to our hotel and look forward to having you back as guests in the future.

Sincerlely,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott East for four nights,10th-14th April 2013. We chose to stay there as many other hotels were full as there was a big volleyball competition & we assumed a Marriott would be good quality. Our room had a musty sweaty smell, had a view of a roof & had no cooling system on when we arrived & it was a hot day. My husband travels extensively & is a Marriott Rewards Gold Elite Member so can use the executive lounge. When we went up to check the lounge out it was small & all alcoholic beverages had to be paid for (unheard of in an executive lounge!). As the lounge was so small we went down to the bar instead, sat & were completely ignored for at least 10 minutes so we left. The executive lounge breakfast was OK, except the lounge was shut all day on Saturday & on Sunday until 4pm...what kind of service is that? On Saturday night as we sat having a drink & bar snack with our children, there were people in the bar with a box of wine on their table & plastic glasses, the staff saw & ignored this. Also a whole big group brought in PF Changs & ate it there. As our snacks & 4 drinks cost $80 & was very ordinary I could see why! We would not consider staying there again & after our stay my husband is going to reconsider whether to stay in Marriott hotels for his travels or try a more customer oriented hotel group.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Cheermum2011,

On behalf of the Marriott Louisville East, i would like to personally thank you for our valuable feedback on your stay. I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't completely to your satisfaction. I have shared your review with our team and can assure you that your next stay with the Marriott Louisville East will exceed your expectations. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your recent visit in further detail. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was here for a business meeting. My heart sank as I drove up based on the exterior appearance but I could not believe my eyes when I walked in the lobby! Totally updated and absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are updated and comfortable with comfy beds, plenty of outlets, and divided trash bin for recycling. The meeting room was well designed and the banquet wait staff were fantastic. The fitness room was spacious with up to date equipment. Food was fine but not super in the restaurant and through room service. The concierge lounge was a little too crowded during busy time but the staff there were very helpful and attentive. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time ro review your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. Your feedback is invaluable and will help us continue to provide the very highest level of service and satisfaction. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our recently redesigned and rebuilt hotel that opened in June 2012. However, I'm sorry that our food didnt live up to your expectation in Charr'd and during your in-room dining. I have shared your review with our culinary team and we hope you give us another opportunity to cook for you at Charr'd Bourbon Kitchen & Lounge. Please let me know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay.