“A nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
GREENVILLE
“A nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A very relaxing stay in a pleasant motel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Updated and stylish decor. Location is great with many fine restaurants to choose from. not always easy to rest away from home, but did so here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at the Marriott Louisville East. It was great to hear that you had a restful visit at our hotel! Our hotel location is fantastic for dining and shopping and we receive many positive comments from guests about the variety of things to do near the hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to our next visit with us.

Jeff Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Loved everything about this Marriott. Friendly staff, sleek decor, beautifully appointed room and even a great meal in the hotel restaurant. You'll know you are in Kentucky with the subtle horse and bourbon theme throughout. The restaurant menu further builds on the theme and the Hot Brown was the best I've ever had. Perfect location between downtown and Frankfort right off the I-64.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to comment about your experience at our hotel. Our restaurant/lounge, "Charr'd Bourbon Kitchen & Lounge" receives many compliments and it was great to add your comments to that list, especially regarding the Hot Brown! With the hotels convenient location in the city and free parking, we hope everyone discovers this new hidden treasure in Louisville. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your next visit with us.

Jeff Thompson
Columbia SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Though I only stayed one night at this hotel, I was very impressed with the property and would definitely return. It's an excellent choice.

I arrived around 9:30 p.m., and parking was tough to find around the entrance of the hotel. As I drove around the property, I noticed it was next door to an economy hotel chain that I avoid, which made me rethink parking on that side of the Marriott (for safety reasons - I was traveling alone; I'm female; it was nighttime). The hotel is behind a car sales lot. In general, the area the hotel is in wasn't the most inviting area (but admittedly I arrived at night and left very early the next morning -- not a lot of time to explore).

Once I entered the hotel, I was wowed and stopped doubting my decision to stay there. The lobby is stunning -- more akin to a JW Marriott than a Marriott. The front desk employees were friendly and efficient. I headed to my room and was impressed with it, too. Gorgeous, clean room with very hip furnishings. The bathroom was modern and featured a glass shower. I headed downstairs for something light to eat, and the personnel around the bar area were attentive and helpful. Thank you to the server who recommended the ravioli appetizer -- delicious homemade pasta with a flavorful, freshly made sauce with local ingredients. It was fantastic. (It's refreshing when hotels offer "real food" that goes beyond the typical hotel food. That is a dish one might expect at a chic, highly ranked local restaurant.)

While in the bar, I used my laptop and the free wireless Internet service and appreciated that several of the bar tables had access to electrical outlets. The bar area is attractive, relaxing, open and inviting, featuring several huge screen TVs. The bartender and a manager also came over to check on me and make sure I was good to go. The bill was presented with a tasty chocolate infused with bourbon -- nice touch!

Once I returned to the room, I found the bed to be exceptionally comfortable, and I slept soundly. There were no issues with hall or noise from other rooms. In the morning, the shower was great -- plenty of water pressure.

As I hustled through the lobby to leave early in the morning, I saw the bar had been transformed into a place to pick up some coffee (Starbucks?). I'm not a coffee drinker, and I asked about getting some unsweetened iced tea for the road. The employee I asked about it immediately said yes, and he dashed into the kitchen to fill a small cup and bring it to me. I was so shocked that he tracked down some tea for me so early (then gave it to me for free!) and so distracted by my upcoming work gig that I forgot to tip him. I'm sorry about that! He deserved more than thanks for helping me satisfy my morning tea fix.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank GamecockGirl
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

One would never guess what the owners have done to this previously closed hotel. There has been no expense spared in design and decoration. If I hadn't stayed here many times I wouldn't guess that this was not a brand new hotel. The rooms are all first class in decoration and appointments and the entrance has moved to the other end of the hotel. The spacious lobby adjoins a first class bar and restaurant. All of the staff is very attentivie and seem to want to make this a great destination in Louisville.

Room Tip: If you are on a low enough level you can get the Marriott Public WiFi which is free in 8 hour increm...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rod_CFP
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel exceeding my expectations times 10! From the decor to the staff, I had an absolute WONDERFUL time. The hotel is gorgeous, the rooms were beautifully decorated and the staff was more than helpful. Loved the south-bourbon feel in the lobby and my rooms bathroom was amazing. I definitely recommend anyone to stay here if they are in the Louisville area and am looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BAM1989
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Loved this hotel! Stayed here with my family several times.... the staff always welcome us with open arms. Rooms are fresh & new, love the bedding & big screen TV. Most of all I love the spacious comfortable lobby w/ several groupings to meet with friends for business or pleasure. This is Hotel is a much needed addition to the East end of Louisville.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joyce J
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Have stayed at this property on two separate occasions for business. Everything about this Marriott is awesome. Service was very welcoming and they seemed eager to make sure you were having a great experience. Room was very spacious and had all the things business travelers are looking for: ample outlets, fast reliable wireless, big flat screen tv, comfortable bed and more. Very convenient location when traveling between Louisville and Lexington for business. Not too far from nicer restaurants, but not much in the immediate vicinity. Emailed the GM regarding an issue I experienced during my stay and he immediately responded and took action to address my concern. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms adjacent to the elevator stack...it is NOISY. Concierge floor is on the top level (10).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business