“Good Value - Will Stay Again”

WoodSpring Suites Louisville South
Ranked #56 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had a good experience here for 5 weeks while I transitioned to the area for a job relocation. Place is clean (almost obsessive about it), quiet so I could sleep and very convenient to everywhere. It was really nice how quiet and courteous all the residents were. I plan on using ValuePlace on other trips if doing an extended stay. Internet works pretty decent and better than most hotels. It served my purposes of email, work docs, etc. Only drawback is the bed quality. I understand why they do this from a cost perspective but the beds are more like a raised "cot" using a wire grid as the box spring substitute. For me it worked as I love a firm rigid bed. If you like a soft mattress, you might need to bring a sleeping bag to lay over the top to get some fluff. Not a deal breaker for me but worth noting.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We’re glad that you had an enjoyable visit, as Value Place aims to provide every guest with a clean and safe lodging experience. We’ll pass along your thoughts to our team, and let them know to keep up the great work.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Amy and her crew are the best!!
We stay here twice a year and love it! Thanks Amy for always making our stay enjoyable!! Great value and location!!

Convenient to shopping restaurants etc. Big rooms full size fridge microwave & stovetop!!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the restaurants that were in walking distance to our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

My hubby and I stayed here with our 4 month old while he was working in Louisville for a couple weeks. Not being from the area, I looked into a lot of places to make sure we were comfortable and felt secure with our baby. I was immediately reassured to see that no one could get through the lobby door without a key. The studio was a nice size for the 3 of us, with plenty of space to set up a portable crib. The property was clean and well maintained, with a very friendly and attentive staff! The property manager, Amy was kind, professional and always greeted us in a friendly manner. We would definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to others!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank EJB12113
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The staff is amazing. Amy the property manager is the epitome of professionalism and hospitality. I was in between homes and had to stay and was worried about using an extended stay hotel, but the moment I walked in I was very comfortable and at ease about the esperience. The staff is friendly and ensures you have everything u need for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Have been here for a month due to work. Overall I think the place is very clean, have not had any problems with the tv, or any of the equipment provided in the room! The rooms was neat and clean when I arrived! Beds were clean!! Staff have been friendly with me and no problems! So far I am very satisfied and happy with my stay here! The atea is good plenty of ligthing in the parking lot and is clean outside as well!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance and I had relocated to Louisville from the Northern Ky area for his job. We had stayed at about 6-8 different hotels till we found this one and we have been here about 3 weeks now. We plan to stay here until we find a permanent residence. The staff is incredibly helpful, courteous and the room was clean and very cozy. Amy (the manager) seems to really go out of her way to please her guest. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying for any length of time check this out!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will consider us in the future. In the coming weeks we will be renovating this property with new flooring, mattresses and larger TVs! We hope you have a chance to come see all the improvements!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Don't recommend this hotel to no one! Not a good stay. The staff wasn't too friendly. The smoke detectors going off all the time, and they are very, very loud, ear piercing loud. Very noisey, the folks up stairs must have thought they would have a stomping party at 3:00 in morning. We lost our money cause we checked out early but it was worth it. Was so happy to leave.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gibson79
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will look into your concerns and take appropriate action. I hope that you will consider us the next time you need an affordable place to stay.