“I would stay again”

Ranked #46 of 96 Hotels in Louisville
Fairdale, Kentucky
“I would stay again”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Have been here for a month due to work. Overall I think the place is very clean, have not had any problems with the tv, or any of the equipment provided in the room! The rooms was neat and clean when I arrived! Beds were clean!! Staff have been friendly with me and no problems! So far I am very satisfied and happy with my stay here! The atea is good plenty of ligthing in the parking lot and is clean outside as well!

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fairdale, Kentucky
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance and I had relocated to Louisville from the Northern Ky area for his job. We had stayed at about 6-8 different hotels till we found this one and we have been here about 3 weeks now. We plan to stay here until we find a permanent residence. The staff is incredibly helpful, courteous and the room was clean and very cozy. Amy (the manager) seems to really go out of her way to please her guest. I would definitely recommend to anyone staying for any length of time check this out!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will consider us in the future. In the coming weeks we will be renovating this property with new flooring, mattresses and larger TVs! We hope you have a chance to come see all the improvements!
crofton
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Don't recommend this hotel to no one! Not a good stay. The staff wasn't too friendly. The smoke detectors going off all the time, and they are very, very loud, ear piercing loud. Very noisey, the folks up stairs must have thought they would have a stomping party at 3:00 in morning. We lost our money cause we checked out early but it was worth it. Was so happy to leave.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank gibson79
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will look into your concerns and take appropriate action. I hope that you will consider us the next time you need an affordable place to stay.
Norman, OK
Reviewed June 11, 2013

On the 30th of May, 2013, I had a 6'x10' trailer stolen from the Value Place motel on New Cut Rd. in Louisville, KY. The trailer had 4 locks on it, but obviously that wasn't enough. When I tried to talk to the night shift desk clerk, Kacy, immediately after I discovered the trailer was missing, he informed me that the customers who were in the process of checking in were more important and I needed to wait outside. Then I asked him to call the property manager on day shift so I could ask her if she had noticed anything. When I insisted on talking to her, Kacy handed me a business card and told to go outside, call the number on the card, then dial 0. When I did this, it rang back to the front desk. When I asked him why he did that, he said that the future customers were more important than my trailer, motorcycle, and personal items that had been stolen.
If you want peace of mind during a stay at a motel, do NOT come here. There are no outside cameras, no security guards, and the attendants do not stay at the front desk 24/7. On Sunday, there is never anyone at the desk unless you call them on an internal phone for an emergency. This is the worst place I have ever stayed in my life and I have been all over the US, including Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles!
Do yourself a favor, pay a little more, and stay someplace else!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank mikeandbj
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
First I'd like to apologize that anything of yours was stolen at our property. We will work with you and the police in any way possible.
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The staff was friendly. I had to call a couple of times after duty hours and they were quick to address my issues. The price is very affordable. Ideal if you are in transition. Different than most hotels it's more like renting an apartment, so make sure you know that upfront. Its very close to many attractions. The rooms were modern and clean.

• Stayed July 2012
Heather L, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Value Place and wish you well with your future travels!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have stayed @ Value Place New Cut Road for the past month and would recommend looking for other alternatives. Though the staff is very nice, the amenities are rather weak ($10/ week for slow internet; thin mattress on small bed, only about 30 tv channels when they actual work, very small and old tv's). In addition, the air quality inside is poor from the 2 floors of smoking rooms and the lack of ventilation in the hallways and in the rooms. When someone burns food the entire hotel can smell it. Though they pride themselves on security, a wanted fugitive was arrested at this hotel on 3/8/2012 (see the link below: http://www.wdrb.com/story/17120732/louisville-man-shoots-wife-makes-her-walk-to-hospital-police-say ). Bottom line is: you get what you pay for. With the deposit and taxes, the first week for a one bed room costs nearly $330, any additonal weeks would be around $225. For that kind of money, you could probably do better elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank GTripAd R
Heather L, Property Management Company at WoodSpring Suites Louisville South, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Value Place prides itself on being both clean and safe for our guests. The person mentioned in this review was not a guest of the property and the property manager and staff worked with the police to handle the situation as swiftly as possible.
California
Reviewed April 7, 2011

First of all, I didn't realize that Value Place is not a hotel - it is a cheap, long-term stay and my rate was for a week not a night! There was a massive hassle getting my room, big deposit, room keys didn't work three times and it felt like a prison facility. The only room was a smoking room and smoke filled the corridor. My room stank, so I had to keep the window open (there are no curtains) as far as they would allow and turn on the fan to get some air. There was one thin blanket on a thin mattress on a particle board bed - maybe I slept an hour. I even considered sitting on the ground by the front door all night. Wouldn't have been much colder. Was so glad to escape in the morning!

Room Tip: Never, ever stay here!